Generate thousands of free gun sound effects

Does the title sound a bit like a scam or is it just me? Anyway, the website at the bottom of this post will allow you to generate thousands of gun sound effects. Once you’ve found a sound you like, all you need to do is record it and then upload it to Roblox. Have just one column on like so:
Column

Here’s a sound that I generated and put onto Roblox :

I’ve never made a gun so I’m not sure what the best way is to play the sound from them, but here is my local script:

local uis = game:GetService("UserInputService")
local sound = Instance.new("Sound")
sound.SoundId = "rbxassetid://2742408982"

local cooldown = 0.1
local on = false

uis.InputBegan:Connect(function(input, gp)
    if gp then return end

if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 then
        on = true
        print("Click")
    end
end)

uis.InputEnded:Connect(function(input)
    if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 then
        on = false
        print("Click release")
    end
end)

while true do
    if on == true then
        local newSound = sound:Clone()
        newSound.Parent = script.Parent
        newSound:Play()
        game:GetService("Debris"):AddItem(newSound, 1)
        wait(cooldown)
    else
        wait()
    end
end

Here’s the link to the website: The Infinite Drum Machine

28 Likes

This will definitely help with my project , Thanks for the contributing!

1 Like

No problem! Good luck with your project too!

1 Like

This is a really cool use of that website but I would like to point out that this is technically illegal. According to the terms of service on the site (which apply to all Google products):

Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law.

So while it’s fun for personal use I would shy away from using this for any serious project.

4 Likes

If you check the github though, it is licensed under apache 2.0

I didn’t understand the license so i looked up an explanation and found this blog post on a site for a company who specializes in helping companies deal with their open source software components(i think?). The blog post says that programs with that license are free to use for commercial use and that derived products can be released under their own license.

The github also says that the program is not an official google product is therefore it is not under that same license
It think that the program is probably safe to use but im not a lawyer.

2 Likes

Perhaps they are referring to the audio files that their software is using? For example, maybe program is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license, but the audio itself is not?

1 Like

The github doesn’t include the audio samples and does not say what the audio samples they used are licensed under, which is annoying. For figuring out the license rights

That may be Google’s tos, however I don’t think the experiment was made by Google fully. It says that it was made by 3 people, and friends at Google Creative Lab. This implies that Google helped them; they didn’t create it, therefore I assume there are different tos for that particular project. I’m not an expert on that kind of stuff so I may be wrong however.

Secondly, it states that the Philharmonia Orchestra contributed some sounds to the project, and on their website they say that the only restriction is that you may not sell the sounds “as is”. Since it doesn’t say which sounds were contributed by them, we can only assume, so the likelihood of all of the sounds being copyright-free I’d say is quite high.

Also, since you can mix up to 4 sounds together, that makes that mixed sound a new sound on its own, and I doubt they copyrighted all of those possible combination, taking in account the ones provided by the orchestra.

1 Like

Eh. You should always assume something is copyrighted unless it explicitly says it isn’t. I can’t say I’d recommend using any material if you aren’t completely sure.

If you want to risk it though, you’re right in saying that nobody is probably going to notice. I just personally like to respect people’s property when it comes to stuff like this.

1 Like