Generating an animation using player movement

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to have a script that can create an animation object that matches a player’s exact movement.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

I don’t know if I can, and if so, how, to create animations in real time that are exactly corresponding to player movement, to be played later.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

None

I believe this resource made by @iGottic may be what you’re looking for:
Free R15 IKPF System (Inverse Kinematics Procedural Footplanting) - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

This does not seem to be what I am looking for. I am wondering if there is a way to create + keyframe an animation object that exactly replicates the player walking, jumping, etc., so the player’s movement can be played back later.

you could make an animation, then link the animation speed up with the player movement speed

(WalkSpeed)

Hello! there are a few ways to do it, one way is to check the HumanoidRootPart’s velocity in a loop, and the other is to check when the “MoveDirection” property of the humanoid. Then you just play and stop the various animations accordingly