Genre/Song example for a Post-Apocalyptic game?

Briefing

I and my friends, inexperienced game developers, are working on this post-apocalyptic PvPvE game where it forces players into factors such a social, betrayal, time, practice, and strategy and nobody trusts anyone. One of my jobs is music production. The irony is that I don’t listen to many songs but stick to ones found unfamiliar to people, but that’s not my problem. My problem here is looking for a suitable genre or style of music.

What I’m looking for

I’m looking for your picks in genres and songs to be inspired that’d best suit Post-Apocalyptic and examples for when it can be used. For example, a menu, the process, the battle, the store, and the radio along with your conclusions. What I really look forth to is empathy and impression towards the music. For example, which subgenre best depicts psychological horror? Psychological horror is one of the things I’m looking to have impact on my game when making the music. Which style best conveys that “you cannot trust anyone”? Trust issues is also one of the things I’m looking forward to have impact on my game. In my opinion, giving players “traumas” along with the association of the song and its meaning will remind the players of the lesson taught and linger game’s existence in their mind.

Currently, a subgenre that is going influence my game’s OST the most is Shoegaze. A work I have also observed is the Criminality OST (and I’m still trying to decompile how they created it).

I generated some tunes and I think(?) they might be kinda what your looking for? I added the tags so you know what type of music it is if you end up liking the style.

Made With Udeo

(I just copied what you were looking for as a prompt. A.I. generated tunes warning (for those who don’t like AI)

Tags: Drone, Ambient, Experimental, Post-rock, Atmospheric, Instrumental, Hypnotic, Calm, Repetitive, Apocalyptic, Funereal, Depressive, Dense, Surreal, Sombre, Melancholic, Dark, Ethereal

Tags: Alternative rock, Rock, Angry, Concept album, Passionate, Breakup, Instrumental

does this help? (if it doesn’t let me know)

1 Like

I’m still looking for more ideas of fitting genre on this.