Get a texture of a single limb in R6?

ok, so I am making a fps game and for a fps game you need a viewmodel. I am using a viewmodel that has fake hands and parented to the camera.

so the problem is, I want the arms in the viewmodel texture to be the player’s character arms texture. My viewmodel is R6 (left arms and right arms) but my character model is in R15 (lower upper hands) I thought about creating a dummy of the player in R6 then copying the texture but the problem is that R6 rigs don’t have spereate textures for the limbs

What i mean:

R6 limbs (no textures for limbs)

R15 limbs (yes textures for limbs, but arms are seperated to 3 parts)

How would I be able to copy the whole texture of the arm to the viewmodel arm?

PS: i thought about body colors, but I also wanted to add clothing, and I tried adding a humanoid and a shirt into the viewmodel but It didnt work (parts in the vm are labeled ‘Left Arm’ and ‘Right Arm’)

3 Likes

idk if this would work but can you clone the shirt and body color from the player to the viewmodel?

ill try to make a script for it real quick.

3 Likes

something like this:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function (plr)
local viewmodel = your viewmodel
local char = plr.Character or plr.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local bodyColor = char.BodyColor:Clone()
local shirt = nil
if char.Shirt then
shirt = char.Shirt:Clone()
end
bodyColor.Parent = viewmodel
shirt.Parent = viewmodel
end)

2 Likes

that’s what I do:

nvm I forgot I don’t have the game open

2 Likes

The HumanoidDescription inside the player’s humanoid has a property for their shirt texture ID. You can use a texture instance with UV offsets and scaling to isolate and display the specific part you need.

This is the right side of a random shirt I isolated using UV offsets and studsPerTile

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.