Get most popular roblox games using API

I need to get the most popular games on roblox and load them on a GUI
I’ve tried looking on the devforums but I am new to using API’s and stuff and don’t really understand it, does anyone know how to do this?

1 Like

Does anyone know how to do this??

Take a screenshot, and make it an image label? I don’t get what you’re trying to achieve here.

So basically, I’m making a “better” version of the roblox discover, and I need a way to retrieve all the popular games to show them. I already have the showing part done I just need the retrieving.

Ah okay. So you’ll need to use the teleport service, and teleport them to the popular game(s). Obviously, some games won’t have this feature so you’ll have to be wary about that.

Teleporting the players to the designated games needs you to enable 3rd party teleport-forgot the name-then you need the place ID which is relatively easy to get.

Not really what I ment, I need to get like a “list” of all the popular games at the time. Not given place ID’s but with like an HTTP request. I’m not really good with them, that’s the reason I made this thingy

I can’t help you further than that. I don’t know http service all that well nor used it.

No worries, you tried your best helping I’ll just wait until someone else replies.

It would be very difficult to do that with HTTP services and requests. My recommendation would be to manually put the game name and place id into a table and go from there.

1 Like

But then I would need to update it time to time, I would like it to go automatically. I’ve seen some posts on the devforum but I don’t quite understand them

You can quote the posts and reply with this one and I can check them out and try to understand it and explain it better. As for right now, I do not know if it is possibly to use HTTP services to get Roblox’s most popular games. However, plugins like RoPro on your browser have a dice roll system to roll one of Roblox’s most popular games. I am not sure if you can do this just based off of the Lua API or via HTTP services.

You can’t use Roblox’s API nor Ropro’s API, you will need to use stuff like roproxy. That’s all I know atleast. Here is one of the posts I found. I know this one is for Python but its the same principal as Lua.

Forgot to attach the link lol: How do I get the most popular games with the API

Thank you! I will try to look into this and explain it when I have time!

Alright thanks already! (Incase I forget it)

I know its been 2 months, but have you found a solution to this?

No, not yet lmao. I’ve found a temporarily fix but it requires me to update it each day, so I just waited until someone replied to this post lol.

1 Like

Not sure if you still need help, but you could probably look into the V1 Games API or specifically /v1/games/list.