Get Published on Roblox Developer Medium!

Hey Developers,

We have been so impressed and overwhelmed by the interest that our community has shown in submitting articles for publishing on the Roblox Developer Medium https://medium.com/@RobloxDevRel. The last module, Why Roblox?, was an awesome compilation of the stories that drive our developers to create on Roblox and push the limits of what’s possible on the platform. These stories have, in turn, inspired our next module: Technologies on Roblox.

The Developer Relations team invites developers to apply to write articles on how they’ve used Roblox technology - features both old and new - to take their game or group to new heights. Here are a few examples of Roblox features that you could write about:

• Future is Bright
  • Rthro
  • Game Update Notifications
  • Social media links
  • ViewportFrame
  • MessagingService
  • Game Localization
  • Any others you can think of!

Medium is a great way to gain exposure to communities outside of the Developer Community: the Medium publication is available to anyone who accesses a link to the article, goes looking for Roblox-related content, or discovers it organically! Once we publish our developers’ work on the website, the Developer Relations Team promotes these articles on the official Developer Relations Twitter and in the monthly recaps posted on the Developer Forum. These articles might also be reviewed and considered for PR opportunities.

If you have a topic in mind and are interested in getting published, please submit your ideas here: https://survey.roblox.com/s3/4605916-Roblox-Developer-Medium-Content-Submission

Best,

The Developer Relations Team

65 Likes

That’s actually pretty cool. I hope some good articles come out of this

Are we allowed to use articles we have published before?

1 Like

Will the posts that are written for Medium also be posted like the “Meet ___” articles are on the DevForums? Or will they be exclusively on Medium?

1 Like

Just to see the number of people:

• I am applying!
  • I am not applying!

0 voters

This is a great opportunity for aspiring journalists and for developers to get their name in the spotlight.

I know personally that getting an opportunity to share your thoughts to a wider audience is really beneficial in getting your ideas across and to develop your writing skills. I’ve done some journalism work before and I’m excited to try my hand with this.

I’ll be applying my topics in hopes to reach developers and the community alike. Good luck to all those who apply!

1 Like

This is pretty cool. I hope there are good articles that people submitted.!

W-what? This is going to be a huge chance for me and others!!

Pretty nice, theres a lot of great articles

Question, do we get member if out post gets accepted and posted?

I would say no. But, I would assume that it would greatly help your chances when you apply for a promotion to a full member!

1 Like

I’ve definitely considered it in the past and I’m certainly considering it again. I’d really love to share some of my experiences on the platform or write articles about various topics relevant to developers. I may not have the greatest know-how but sometimes you don’t need the best to speak up. :smile:

1 Like

I can say that writing an article for the previous topic was a great experience, and I enjoyed writing it! I’ll definitely be applying for this one if I can think of a new topic.

1 Like

Just applied! Can’t wait for it!

Good luck to everyone applying for a great opportunity!

This is a really nice way to inform the community about your experiences with what you write about. I can’t wait to see what comes out of it!

I’m trying to think of a good idea to do a post about, then I’m applying :blush:

Do you need to write it as soon as you apply, or do you have to wait to be accepted? And if we’re accepted where would we get the notification because we were not required to put our email in???:confused:

1 Like

This sounds like a awesome idea! This’s a great way to get multiple viewpoints and learn individually from all developers uses of new technology, I might even submit an article myself!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.