Get the Triangle Count of any Mesh with my plugin!

I stumbled across this old thread and noticed that there was still no quick-and-easy solution for finding the triangle count of meshes, so I wrote a lightweight Studio plugin to do just that! It downloads the asset through HttpService and then parses the mesh file. It also caches results in case you test the same mesh in future.

It’s very straightforward to use: just click on a MeshPart, a SpecialMesh, or a BasePart with a child SpecialMesh, and then click the ‘Calculate’ plugin button on the toolbar. It supports Unions, too, but it just reads the TriangleCount property. It should print into your output window (be aware that there may be a very short delay owing to the Http request). I hope this proves helpful!

pluginpreview

12 Likes

Thank you! I used to use tyridge’s plugin but the plugin has been broken for a while now. Nice to see a replacement

although im having trouble getting it to work. My httpservice is enabled but nothing is happening when I press calculate. Nothing is displaying.

1 Like

Do you have your output window open?

that was it

Definitely going to be using this. Thanks!

1 Like

This is exactly what my plugin does. (Mine does a bit more but apparently it’s been broken for awhile and no one’s told me about it rip(maybe roblox changed their mesh format?) )

good job though

Thanks! Only found out about this soon after I put mine together - yours looks like it’s a bit more complete and feature-rich than mine. Good to know this issue is fully covered either way :+1:

I know youre busy with your snowball game, but is there any chance you can fix your plugin?