GetClassIcon Missing Icons

StudioService:GetClassIcon will sometimes return files that do not appear to exist within the Roblox files directory.

For example, a simple call to the method with the parameter “ParticleEmitter” returns the following data:

{
    ["Image"] = "rbxasset://studio_svg_textures/Shared/InsertableObjects/Dark/Standard/ParticleEmitter.png",
    ["ImageRectOffset"] = 0, 0,
    ["ImageRectSize"] = 16, 16
}

Which is great! Except that ParticleEmitter.png does not at all exist in the directory that the method is pointing to. The majority of icons do exist in this directory, but a select few do not.

This leads to improper behaviors, where icons should be but aren’t. An example of such issue can be seen on this post.

List of missing icons
  • AlignOrientation
  • AlignPosition
  • AngularVelocity
  • Attachment
  • Beam
  • Breakpoint
  • DragDetector
  • Explosion
  • Fire
  • IntersectOperation
  • LinearVelocity
  • LineForce
  • NegateOperation
  • NumberValue
  • PackageLink (this one is strange – the icon is there, but it’s not correct)
  • ParticleEmitter
  • Player
  • PointLight
  • Rotate
  • Smoke
  • Sparkles
  • SpotLight
  • SurfaceLight
  • Torque
  • Trail
  • UnionOperation
  • VectorForce

Expected behavior

The missing file should be included in the Roblox directory with the rest of the files (so that StudioService:GetClassIcon() points to it), or the method should have some form of indication that the icon does not exist.

(Also on a slightly unrelated note, all of the ValueBase objects, except for BrickColorValue, BoolValue, CFrameValue, point to their old icon instead of their new one)

12 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when there’s any update on the issue.

Glad to hear! Looking forward to a fix for my own personal uses :slight_smile:

@Thundermaker300 Don’t mark the initial response as a Solution; it starts the topic lock timer and it’ll have to be reopened by a moderator if it gets locked

5 Likes

Apologies, that’s new to me. Haven’t used the forum much at all in a few years, lol.

Hi! I’ve been taking a look at this and I think I have a fix for the classes described here not showing icons. I’ll let you all know again once it’s out!

3 Likes

Great to hear! Looking forward to this fix :slight_smile:

Apologies for the long delay, but I think this should have been rolled out now. There should be significantly more icons and I think I updated all the icons you listed, plus quite a few I found that were not on the list. Please feel free to ping me if there are still issues here :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.