Getting 3rd Party Advertisements as a TBC Member

The bug is I am getting advertisements when I shouldn’t be due to being a lifetime TBC member. What I normally expect are user made ads and not third party advertisements.
It happens majority of the time when I go to create tab, trade tab and catalog tab. Sometimes they are very inappropriate ads that shouldn’t be on Roblox that I can’t show here.

https://gyazo.com/9a4b429eafe9a37c070b93c464d9a95d
It happens when I start using google chrome. Other browsers are fine.

1 Like

Did you click on it cause usually has an arrow for more info and an x…

1 Like

No, I do not have that arrow or x

Ok, well if you can click on it and see where it goes?

1 Like

It goes to a third party site . Whatever they are advertising

1 Like

Have you tried disabling all your Chrome extensions? It’s possible they are injecting ads into the page.

I tried disabling any extensions I didn’t completely 100% trust and I am still having these issues. The other extensions are by well known companies that I trust.

I have the same bug. It can be frustrating.

2 Likes

Yeah, this problem has happend to me a long time ago, I would recommend getting an ad blocker that’s trusted, no sketchy ones. It worked for me and everything works great!

2 Likes

I have an ad blocker I have to disable it so ui elements like advertising my own games works

It happens when I start using google chrome. Other browsers are fine.

This makes it seem very much so that this is a problem with your extensions, or else you have something else wrong (ie. malware). Roblox should never show you inappropriate advertisements.

Please check again using an incognito window / disable all of your extensions.
It may be worth trying an antivirus as well.

I don’t have any extensions that are not by well known companies . I also used malwarebytes to scan for viruses and nothing. How can I resolve this?

Try disabling them anyway. Try incognito mode and ensure you have no extensions running in incognito mode.

Can you list the extensions you have enabled?
Is it possible you have a fake installed?

I used incognito mode with the extensions and I have no third party ads. So like I said its not the extensions and I checked for viruses using malwarebytes so I don’t know what else to do.

Chrome can help you find suspicious or unwanted programs on your computer. If Chrome finds an unwanted program, click Remove . Chrome will remove the software, change some settings to default, and turn off extensions.

You can also check for malware manually.

1. Open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More and then|autox18 Settings .
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced .
  4. Under “Reset and clean up,” click Clean up computer .
  5. Click Find .
  6. If you’re asked to remove unwanted software, click Remove . You may be asked to reboot your computer.

You could try this out I found this on Google Support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.