Getting 403 Errors when Accessing the Dev Forum and Wiki

As the title says, whenever I try to access the dev forum or dev wiki from my PC I get 403 errors. I’m having to write this on my phone. This must have started in just the last few days. I just tried visiting the forum and wiki for the first time in a few days today.

This is the error page I am seeing when trying to access the developer wiki.

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: OuH-Bzf_paCrgEhRkl2kJ91LAP55sHvVatP2lwwuCSN_T0FXOlV0xg==

When I try to access the developer forum nothing loads on the page but when I go into Chrome’s console I see a ton of 403 errors. I’ve tried using a different browser, and even changing my user-agent. Nothing has worked so far. This issue occurs on every PC on my home network, but not on my phone for some reason.

I have no clue why this is happening all of a sudden. I haven’t used the developer forum or wiki in days. I was hoping to continue developing now that my semester has ended but it will be very difficult without access to the forum or wiki. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

So sorry that this is happening! It’s understandable how frustrating this can be.

I am not Roblox Staff, but here are some things you can do to try and get these sites working again:

1. Check for URL errors. The most common reason for a 403 error is because you’re typing a directory and not an actual link. You have to be specific about the link you’re trying to access. I don’t necessarily think this is something that applied to the Roblox dev forum OR wiki because they use .com and not things like .docx
  2. Clear your browser’s cache if you haven’t already. There may be a cached version of the dev forum/wiki that is making the 403 error. Visit Lifewire for help on how to clear your cache.
  3. Clear your browser’s cookies. Assuming you log into the developer forum/wiki frequently (even if you haven’t used it in days), clearing your cookies may fix the issue. Also, make sure your cookies are enabled (for at least the two sites) in your browser once you clear them.
  1. Since you can verify that the site is working for others, and is just having this error on your computer, contact your internet service provider. They might be able to help you with the error if other options have not worked.

I hope I can help in any way. Have a great day!

2 Likes

None of this is relevant since it clearly says the error happens at CloudFront which is the CDN of the forum. If they can reach the CDN then the problem is not on their end.

5 Likes

Is there someone I should contact for issues with CloudFront? I’m not sure if someone from Roblox would be able to help with that. Thanks.

1 Like

Your report is in the right place, I’m replying to the other person’s comment.

4 Likes

This problem stopped a few days after posting this but has since occurred again. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

Is it the same exact error message or is it different this time?

1 Like

It’s the same error message this time.

1 Like

Hm. If it’s still CloudFront then I don’t think there’s any different solution that I know of.

If you can, try contacting either Roblox or CloudFront (highly suggest Roblox first) and they can maybe help you with your issue or give you insight on why it’s not working.

1 Like

How would you recommend I contact Roblox about this? Through their development support email?

1 Like

can confirm but its fixed for me now few weeks ago I wasn’t able to access the wiki from my pc and especially chrome. any other browser works, on phone it works.

But now its fixed for me.

2 Likes

Closing as we believe this report is stale. Please file a new bug report with more information if this is still happening for you.