Getting a Skin system working

So I’ve been working on an inventory system for a game and I got stuck on making skins work.

What I want it to do:

I want it to change your Character Appearance based on which skin you have equipped without anything like StarterCharacter and without resetting the player in any way and allowing the avatar to go back to normal when equipping.

How it should look:
skinTransition

What I’ve tried so far:

I tried making a Folder in ServerStorage to store all the skins and having the Equip system I made find the skin and clone all the parts into the character while moving the other parts to another folder in ReplicatedStorage with the Player’s UserId on the name. This hasn’t worked.

Is there a way I can manage this?

5 Likes

Well I’m not sure, but…

Everything stored in the ServerStorage just disappears, so if you’re using it as a storage, it won’t work.

I’m not sure but this might help.

It functions from a Script in ServerScriptService which means it’ll be able to get to items from ServerStorage. But maybe the post you sent me might help.

Edit: The skins I’m using here are R6 not R15.

1 Like

You can easily use the Humanoid Description System. You can store one for each skin, each with its own properties. Then load it in to whichever humanoid you want. U could store the players default description upon CharacterAdded so you can revert back.

This article is good to start with.

4 Likes

That actually worked well but, I’m having trouble getting to the normal HumanoidDescription for unequipping. How can I do this?

Edit: It can find the HumanoidDescription inside the Humanoid but it wont actually apply it. It doesn’t even show any errors.

Another edit: Got it to work lol.

3 Likes