Getting alot of dislikes on game

Some marketplaces require a certain amount of in-game time aswell but idk what they could do. From what i’ve seen most ppl just say “deal with it”. Currently all you gotta do is join and leave and apparently thats enough for a “rating” but who knows what they will do in the future.

@FederalSkid and @kinkocat thanks

1 Like

Emailed devrelation… hope something comes out of it

Yikes for dislikes. :frowning:

Sadly people find entertainment in disliking games. Apparently people spend their time and effort to create bots that dislike your place.

Theres really no prevention so far…

This leads me to my next point; Roblox needs a better user verification system. What I mean by this is users need to EARN the like/dislike functionality, so that hackers don’t take stolen verified email accounts to dislike games. Maybe users have to have a certain play time, time on Roblox, and experience in general? I just think the system is broken at the moment.

However, thats just one of the gambles with Roblox games. Hopefully with Roblox’s largely growing development team, a solution will be found.

1 Like

I know this may sound weird, but you should just forget this is happening. Dislikes are very de-motivating, and you may lose motivation if you think too much about the dislikes. Think about the positive things, like the fact that you have a playerbase that wants to play your game, and that you have almost 200 likes out of 11k visits (which means that around 1.82 of players like your game.) Compare that to a front page game, like Jailbreak. Around 0.10344827586207% (yes, I used a calculator) of people that played the game liked it. Now, of course, visits aren’t the most accurate way of knowing this, but I just want you to think positive.

1 Like

I never understand why there is a general need of an negative voting-option.
At least a game only need an popularity-index and nothing more - that shows visiters, likers and maybe fans. Be honest, nobody cares dislikers.^^

(the time-countings are examples)
Every 100sec-Visiters will be count, from those everyone can like (after 3min-playtime) or become also a fan (after 10min-playtime). View-code: Visiter/white, Liker/yellow, Fan/green.
Who dislike the game, will not come back anyway. So every Dev is focusing to encouraged players not only to visit, but to stay as long it needed to get a vote (like or fan) from them.

The voting-system must be changed only for positive-votes, then those Disliker(-Bot)s can’t terrorize anymore. Problem solved. :wink:

.zykez

I think negative votes to help to identify scam games, but it is easily abusable as of now. The current system is definitely vulnerable though, hope roblox changes things soon.

The thing I don’t understand is botters / dislike botters can get your account terminated / get you banned. I don’t understand the logic in banning someone for this. I mean anybody can just come up to some website, and with a click of a button get your account terminated / banned for something you did not do. I mean why ban someone because their game got botted. It’s just wrong. Roblox needs use algorithms to block botters from games. Not ban people because their game got botted.

There’s nothing you can do about this. Just ignore it: we are all hoping roblox adds an option to remove that feature soon and just change it to a “flag” feature for scam games like on the DevForum.

It’s weird because no rational dev would dislike bot their own game. I’ve seen people get temp banned and content deleted which is just mind-blowing to me.

1 Like

We already have this “flag” feature:

at the bottom right of the screenshot it says “Report Abuse”

Unfortunately, they don’t always respond. (My experience)

1 Like

Neither have dev relations nor normal roblox support has responded to anything I sent them, so ._.

I know, I’m saying that should be the only way to rate games. Like/dislike is abused too easily.

1 Like

This Game has been dislike botted,
It used to only have about 1,000 dislikes now it has 5000 dislikes, 4000+ dislikes were added from the bots, the Rating dropped from 87% to 64%.

This problem is very annoying and it should be fixed

Update 28th Sep: It got dislike botted again and is now 60%

1 Like