Getting better at Blender?

Hi, not entirely sure if this is the right section.
But I’m looking at ways to get better at Blender, more importantly I’m looking for creature / animal creation etc.

I’m open to see anyones work, and view videos you yourself have used. Currently I’m having a hard time making something I actually like and seem to scrap it every time.

2 Likes

Start primarily with Blender, don’t focus on getting what you want but instead the methods to achieve the object you want. Then, through practice work on things you see in your head and really try to perfect them.

Youtube is truly your best option for all of this, don’t focus on getting everything perfect. It’s about how you get to the result.

3 Likes

Blender is one of those things that takes time to learn and it doesn’t just come over night. I would recommend you just practice and play around with blender as much as you can as that is the best way you are going to learn.

I highly recommend watching this tutorial series as this guy explains things very well. Lots of people on here have also used this tutorial series to get started with blender:

The video above is very good for getting started but when you are a little more advanced I would browse through some other videos blender guru makes. Once you get more advanced you may want to watch the intermediate tutorial series blender guru has made:

3 Likes

Practice Practice is the way getting better at blender it not going to come the next day or 5 days before that. If you learn everyday you will reach that goal on getting better at blender! but like i just said you should always be practicing everyday.

I would suggest you watch some beginner tutorials on how to make creatures,animals, and how to make different things. Like swords,boats,humans,islands, and other more!

This video is very good for beginners getting started learning how to use the blender tools and how make there first model. I would also suggest you check out beginner modeling and how to make different builds there is a lot of tutorials to help you like CG Geek Once you learn the basic is time to move up to learn more different skills like sculpting,3D modeling, learning how to make humans and animals i would also suggest. You go over the Blender Basics down below.

Blender Basics

2 Likes

Blender is hard to learn, overall it’s a different level of complexity from ROBLOX Studio. I mean it kinda depends on what you wanna DO with blender. GFXs? Modelling?

If so, research and focus on your area. It’s simple, PRACTICE!

1 Like

Hey KossmoZ!

If you’re looking to start at organic modeling without a lick of blender, I’m sorry but you’re out of luck. Organic modeling takes an ungodly amount of time to get right if you’re starting from scratch. Here are some videos:

Best Modeler in the game and ASMR voice actor Grant Abbit:

Disclaimer: There’ll be hundreds of tutorials and you can go through all of them with no results, what you should do instead is grasp the BASICS, extrudes, insets, position values, loop cuts, edit/object mode, knife tools, and a couple of modifiers before you push for more complex objects. Blender takes time to get good at, like anything else. If you take it seriously you’ll be fine.

Tutorial Set:

This is more or less the holy grail of all blender tutorials, Blender Guru’s Donut tutorial.
(It’s an entire series)

Goodluck! Hope I helped!

1 Like

When usin’ blender the easy part is modeling, anyone can connect two points etc. but where most people stop and scrap a project is when you have no idea how to construct a certain part of a model. Experience comes in alotta times like when you can figure out the depth and shape of an object and model it. Take your most recent scrapped model, dissect it down to simple parts from different perspective and see how you can model each of those parts. The more you do this, the less you have to stop and dissect and the more confident you will feel going into visualizing this stuff.
this is just one of the most common stumps in modeling so like yes

1 Like