Getting Error 403 even though API Services were turned on several hours ago

Hello!

It takes several hours, to even days for the API Services to enable on my game, and it always throws an error when trying to save or load anything. This is particularly frustrating as I’m trying to test a datastore for bans, but they don’t work. It also disables :GetUserIdFromUsernameAsync which seems to rely on API services.

I noticed this awhile ago, I can’t remember specifically, but I would say around mid-April. I also think it’s exclusive to me, or my system or something as anyone I’ve spoken to about this hasn’t ever experienced this.

Time zone is Atlantic Standard Time

To reproduce it, I simply turn on API services.

There is a custom warn here, but it does display the error, here it is:

03:46:40.580 - Error when retrieving data for 7z99. Error: 502: API Services rejected request with error. HTTP 403 (Forbidden).

My options in this game. Has to be a game as it must be published in order to enable API services.

Here are my system specs:
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 3.49.56 AM

Game link, although the bug only appears in Studio: Untitled Game - Roblox

Here, I’ve attached a simple place with a data store script that throws the error.
bug.rbxl (18.6 KB)

For logs, I can’t attach them as they literally are not there. Here’s my Finder window after opening Library → Roblox:

1 Like

@Crazycat4360 messaged me saying the correct logs location, just send me a PM and I’ll send them to you, if you are a staff, that is.

This has happened to me many times before, I think you might need to deactivate API services and then activate it again.

1 Like

I’ve tried to no avail, it kind of resets the timer if that makes sense.