Getting humanoid description from player's in-game character?

I want to clone the player’s humanoid description, from their in-game customizable character.
But the only things I can see for “getting humanoid description” are fromUserId and that other one that gets one of the players outfits (which I assume are from the outfits tab in the roblox avatar editor?)

So, in a nutshell, how can I get the humanoid description from the players character model itself, or something?

1 Like

Not sure why nobody replied to this, use :GetAppliedDescription() on the character’s humanoid.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Humanoid/GetAppliedDescription

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, this is the blank humanoid description?

I should probably inform you, I’m using the blank R6 Dummy rig and using it as the StarterCharacter. Is there anything I can do about this, or should I just use humanoiddescription of the player rather than use a StarterCharacter?

Why not set the rig type to R6 via settings? What exactly are you trying to do?

Huh?

No the reason I’m doing this is because I want the player to be a blank R6 rig.

I think I see what you’re trying to say? Did you mean you wanted to have a customizable character in game that is loaded over their default outfit? From there you could use:

More depth:

Sorry if that’s not helpful, I’m a bit confused.

Well I’m currently using Humanoid:ApplyDescription, the problem is I can’t get the HumanoidDescription from my character model, only from my UserId. Using UserId gives me the humanoid description of my Roblox avatar, and not of the in-game character I have (the blank r6 rig).

If that’s still confusing, another way to describe my whole situation, or something similar to my situation, is
How do I get the HumanoidDescription of an NPC?

Does :GetAppliedDescription() not work for this? If it’s returning a completely blank description, it might be because that’s not it’s actual description and those accessories were added on later.

The two black characters on the right and left are resulted from using :GetAppliedDescription()

Yeah, usually that’s probably because that’s what the actual humanoid description is equivalent to since you’re using a StarterCharacter. Maybe try turning off ‘LoadCharacterAppearance’, in StarterPlayer, removing the rig, and then turning on the characters to be by default R6 and see what that yields?

I’M LATE!

I came to this post because I had a similar problem, which I have now fixed.

To get the model’s humanoid description, all you have to do is equate it!
For instance

local wantedHumanoidDescription = game.Workspace.Model.HumanoidDescription
rigYouWantToApplyTo.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(wantedHumanoidDescription)

That should work fine!

Sorry for the delay tho B)

now what if the humanoid doesnt have one? how would i generate on off apperance via script

I know this is late, but you simply call GetAppliedDescription from the player’s humanoid humanoid:GetAppliedDescription()