Getting official ads for Builders Club

Today at around 6:30 PM EST I noticed that I got an ad for Builder Club. I happened to think it was just someone’s personal ad who stole the old Roblox builders cub ad, but it turned out to take me to the actual premium purchase page. Two issues with this. 1) I am already a premium member. 2) Builders club was replaced with premium a while ago.

28 Likes

Yeah this happened to me too. I noticed that those ads stop after 2 weeks of having premium or around there.

2 Likes

Roblox uses ads like a game or group would so there is no way to remove premium users from the people who see the ad.

Also this isn’t really a bug, its just an overbite on Roblox’s behalf. They would just need to make a new ad that says premium.

4 Likes

Can also agree with this. This has happened & was shown to be about 2 times by now. I got little worried about it since Roblox Builders Clubs are now changed to Premium & getting a ad from the early time’s when Roblox was founded? Kinda weird. I hope they update it though since It’s very confusing.

I don’t think it’s a good idea, fake ads might appear that redirect to scam games

1 Like

This started happening waay back on October 19th:

but seems to be happening again for some people

Do you have any source for this? It would actually make sense to make system ads independent from user ads.

2 Likes

Builders Club used to promise no off site links. This is on site and the new premium doesn’t say no ads.

Access Premium benefits within games

Access exclusive Avatar Shop items and discounts

Get 10% more Robux when you buy Robux

Unlock the ability to trade items

The issue isn’t the fact that I saw an ad lmao. The issue is that the ad says “builders club” when it is called premium now, and also that it was advertised to a premium user (you don’t need to advertise premium to someone who already has it)

1 Like

Builders Club only removed external ads. If Builder Club ads were removed too, my point is proven, they weren’t simple “user ads”.

I’ve had premium since it came out, and I had Builders Club before then, and I’ve still gotten those ads occasionally.

I am getting these ads as a non-Premium member.

2 Likes

This is still going on, but this is the name of the ad: ‘Get Builders Club and Be Rich on Roblox’. The thing that’s weird is that it has grammer errors. I found this on my other account, and I was already premium on that account, but it showed.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

2 Likes