Getting the vertices of all kind of mesh!

Hi the community! I’m currently working on a script to get the vertices of a mesh and this works for every mesh:

I hope you enjoy this :grin:. I wanted to get a detailed feedback from you, because I might create a plugin based on this one, so shoot your questions. Edit: Ok, I don’t want to answer your questions now, because I decided to create an OpenSource plugin/module for it! Great, it works with meshes, but with normal Roblox parts? Does it work with normal Roblox meshes and if so, does it use the same meshloader or something else? So nope, I just use my tutorial for that, if you’re interested just have a look at it (it’s still W.I.P, I think I’ll finish it after the shoes when the holidays start, but don’t worry, it works for all objects except truss parts, this one doesn’t). So, hope this edit answers some (possible) questions!

3 Likes

Interesting! how you achieved this?

1 Like

First of all, thank you!

I asked a little bit on the forum, got some hints from the forum, so I found a meshloader already written in Lua. The hardest thing was to adapt it to Roblox and it took me a few days. I know it’s not clear, but I’m not one of the best explainer in the world😅.

1 Like

Ok, I am reviving this topic because I can finally announce that I am going to show the source Code on how I achieved this. I am creating a plugin with it and already have the loader, and you can use the loader in-game if you provide it the right informations (But remember: Don‘t let the client load what he wants, because there are always people who will abouse about it and I am sure that malicious people would use this to load e.g. inappropiate content.)

Well, ok: I just recently made a plugin (after one year of work, finally) that you can use if you want to play a bit with this. I will, very soon after this reply, open-source my custom obj loader. If you want to look at the source code of my plugin(like @Ince_FS wanted to do), then you should first know that I didn’t commented it, I will do it in the next days, so I really don’t think it’s a good idea to look it now, and I really need to polish my code so just wait some days and everything will be ready ^-^.

Anyways, if you still want, then you just can type in this code snippet into the command bar and you will have the full access to it:
game:GetObjects("rbxassetid://6325970486")[1].Parent = workspace

I just want to warn that there are a lot of bugs and work that need to be done before this can be used to create games, so don’t use it for important projects!

Link to the WIP plugin:
FrostDracony’s MeshEditor – Roblox

Credits:

• InCommand of boatbomber and Elttob, it really helped me debugging a large issue (the main reason why it took me one year to finish…)

• As8D and EchoReaper for both rounding functions

License: GNU AGPLv3, you really should check out this website, GNU Affero General Public License v3.0 | Choose a License to know what it does without having to read the whole License.

5 Likes

Is this still being worked on?