GFX feedback and tips

Greetings to you all,

I’ve recently started doing superhero GFX and I want some feedback on some of my artwork.

8 Likes

Hello! I love those GFX’s! They are just purely amazing! For a beginner, those are great. But I do have a couple of tips/feedback for you.

• GFX 1

The first GFX on the list is great, but I do see some places where it could improve.

55%20PM

The arm looks really fussy, I don’t know if this was the style you were going for, but I think you should make it not be blurred. Other then that, GFX 1 looks great!

• GFX 2

The second GFX looks great! I found 1 thing that you could improve upon on this one.

The hammer he is holding, I feel like it could use some more detail. Maybe try playing with the material a bit.

• GFX 3

The third GFX is great, but I feel like the text doesn’t really fit in. I think you should move it to the corner, and make it a bit smaller.

• GFX 4

The fourth GFX, I believe should have some texture on the roof. Also, as I said previously, the text doesn’t really fit in, so maybe change the font, and move it to the very corner.

• GFX 5

The fifth and last GFX is great. Although instead of the sparkles of fire effect, maybe make a realistic style fire.

• Summary

Overall, the GFX’s are great! I wish you look in your future with making GFX!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback, for GFX 1, the villain is some kind of magician that uses illusions so yes it’s a style while for GFX 3 it’s a watermark not text but I could move it to the corner like you’ve said since it’s ruining the art :sweat_smile:.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. And yes, you should move it more to the corner, as most are in the corner.

1 Like

Will do! Thanks again zk_Maxx! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to comment and say the great freaking job on Mysterio [gfx 1], I loved how it came out!

1 Like

Wow, this is truly amazing work you did on those GFX. Although it is a little bit blur in places. But generally its amazing, keep practicing! :smile:

1 Like

Overall its a good attempt, but there are a few things to look at.

1:

The good:

• There are certain things, like the shinier points of his arm, that look pretty good in terms of the material
  • The stocks you’ve used are overall decent

The bad:

• The cape he’s wearing doesn’t cast any sort of shadow on the character, which makes it look much less appealing since it looks like a flat texture.
  • I’m not sure if it’s an effect you’re attempting or something, but the glow around the helmet gets cut off at random points (see image)
  • The smoke effects you used are less green than the character, who looks like he is having a lot more green light emitted onto him than he should.
  • The bits of the arms closest to the camera look to have some sort of motion blur or at least seem more blurred/transparent, I’m not sure what the intended effect was but it doesn’t come across well.
  • The resolution of some of the stocks is low quality (e.g. the background)

2:

The good:

• The background aesthetic is nice; it looks all desolate and destroyed, and its well conveyed.
  • Good use of dust stocks on the top
  • The bump map on the character works well here

The bad:

• The lightning effects you’ve tried to use just look superimposed onto the character; they don’t really cast much light onto the character or his surroundings, rather they just look like they’ve been glowed.
  • The hammer itself has significantly less detail than the background or character. Consider either using a different model, remodelling it or changing the material to be less bland.
  • The source of the fire in the back is weirdly unobservable; it just looks like a pile of perfectly spherical (another con) rocks caught fire at the very top for no reason.

3:

The good:

• The colour scheme is consistent and well used.

The bad:

• The horses and soldiers frankly just look copy and pasted multiple times, and it shows little effort. All the legs are in the same pose, all the characters (except for one on the left) are facing the exact same way with the same face.
  • The shadows seem to not be aligned with the horses themselves; it looks like they’re all floating juts above the surface.
  • The pose of the character is pretty bland, and the legs are disconnected with the torso (e.g. left part). His left arm is completely invisible to the camera, and his right arm is clipping.
  • The camera angle is stale; if you wanted a more dramatic feel then maybe you should’ve positioned it much lower looking up. This kind of thing makes whatever the camera is looking at look much more intimidating.

4:

The good:

• Good attempt with the lighting

The bad:

• The glow on that back window thing is done weirdly. It glows at certain parts and not others, even though the entire thing is blindingly white (this also takes away from the focus).
  • The character looks like he’s looking into space rather than looking at a fixed point.
  • The effect in the centre is executed weirdly, and to the onlooker it seems like it doesn’t fit.

5:

The good:

• The sparks are well placed.
  • The bump map on the shield and characters looks good

The bad:

• You can see the triangles on the left guy’s face (see image). You can fix this by adding a subsurface modifier (if using blender) and unchecking ‘auto smooth’.
  • The lighting is strange; the sparks look like they’re way too small/insignificant to cause that much orange light to be emitted. In addition, the sparks themselves dont look like they’re spreading out from a point (e.g. when you strike a sword against a metal shield, you might see sparks spreading out from the point of impact). In addition, you can see the reflection of the lamp you used on Cap’s helmet.
  • The posing of both of them is very bland. Captain America just looks like he’s bending backwards and looking up a bit to block the guy on the left.

-Overall-

It’s mostly your posing and effects that need work. Otherwise, everything looks good. Good luck on these projects in the future!

3 Likes

They all look amazing.
I think in the second one you should edit the hammer and add maybe some textures and add a bigger fire in the rocks part.
In the third one you should move the text in a corner in my opinion, in the middle it ruins the amazing artwork.
The rest is really good!
I think you should keep making GFX!

1 Like

Thank you so much I really appreciate the support! :rose:

Yeah I need to work on the blur. Thanks for the feedback and the support <3.

1 Like

Wow! I just want to thank you for having the time to point all of these out and I’ll make sure to fix them with all the points you’ve mentioned!

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback! I’ll make sure to remove the text to the side and work on the hammer more.

No problem at all. Good luck with your pieces!

1 Like

Your GFX are good even if you are new to GFX!

Hello! First of all, HOLY MOLY! These are amazing! I love the attention to detail, and the lighting, oh I just LOVE the lighting! I only recommend removing the smoke/blur effect around the helmet on GFX 1. Other than that, Awesome Job!