GFX feedback - Is my stuff good enough to charge?

Hi! It’s been a while since my last post and I’ve been practicing a lot. I make GFX but I do them for free. I’d like to know if I’m ready to charge.

Here are a few examples of my best current work. Of course, they aren’t perfect in anyway but with practice and feedback I can get better.

Feel free to leave feedback, be as harsh as you wish. I really just need to know if I should start charging or not.

7 Likes

I like how you use rigs, and some of the poses are also pretty good, however the backgrounds aren’t really good.

Furthermore, the lighting in the first picture isn’t that good, there is a lot of shadows.

Hope this feedback can help you out.

5 Likes

I like every image, they are cool, 10/10 :heart:

2 Likes

Clean renders, looking good! :hidere:

3 Likes

They all look great, I’d say you are 100% ready to start doing paid commissions, I would definitely purchase from you if I needed renders.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback :relaxed:

2 Likes

They’re good renders! Very good renders. I personally would only buy renders from you and not the graphic arts part of it.

The shadows in the first one is really great! Not fond of the background of the first and second picture, but the posing in all 3 are all good.

So, I would sell your renders if you wanted to.

3 Likes

The renders look good and the lightning of the renders also greatly depend on the scene as if it’s outside in the sun make it a bit bright and if inside house do it accordingly. Lighting plays an important role and you should also work on making some backgrounds too. Anyways, good effort.

1 Like

Renders look pretty nice, but they are just renders and nothing more.
You should try making a background yourself, and texturing it.

2 Likes

Nice! The renders are really clean and sharp. I would definitely sell it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll cut straight to the point, as I agree with what others have said regarding the render and the background.

The render itself is to a good standard, yet the backgrounds let it down as a piece overall. If possible, hop into Roblox Studio and get a scene you’d like as the background of the GFX. From there, you can take a screenshot of some sort, as some extra detailing - such as a sun flare - and add it to the necessary layer.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback! It’s super helpful. Regarding backgrounds and lighting and stuff, I’ll try to better them. I’m pretty new to making edits to my work and backgrounds, because I’m used to just doing plain color backgrounds. Your guys’ help is amazing and I appreciate it!

1 Like

I’d say that yes, you are ready to charge, but not for very much. For the 2nd image, the background is really distracting, I think it would be best if you blurred the background a bit and changed the colors slightly to be more soft and match the character more.

1 Like

You can charge depending on quality etc.

1 Like