GFX Feedback ~ Rate my skill

Hi <3

I’m a GFX creator and often I make GFX for non-creators/developers. (just for users profile)

I have a little skill in making thumbnails and group/game icons.

I think it will be good for my work practice if anyone rates my work.

Rate it from 1 to 10.

Pictures

Okay, if anyone has tips on what can improve my work skill-write it <3
Im working like 5-6 months (but im forget many tips and details)

I will try all advice and tips. And when I improve my work I will make GFX for game developers. Good luck!

Write to dm if you need group/game icon or game thumbnail or just gfx! I will make it for free-just it good for improve my skill!

Sorry if I have errors in the text, just im actively learning English and doesn’t use the translator!

28 Likes

It looks like the background is just pasted in there instead of having the feeling that the character actually being there. Try to have some sort of blending ( I don’t make GFX myself, so I don’t know the terms for it)

4 Likes

I’d rate this a 8/10.

In terms of tips, I’d say try making it stand out more. Also, I’d say try making your own design stand out within those GFXs instead of just the roblox characters being the center of attention (then again, depends on what you are making)

But overall, great work!
Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

They look good! Make the characters stand out a bit more though, and not blend in with the background as much as they do.

3 Likes

Ok, will try it <3 Thank you for your rate!
Good luck!

1 Like

About blend, you talking about it?

Pictures

If yes , i think problem in color- just color is a simillar.

I’m a little didn’t understand your answer. But I think you talking about a background pallor.
I can add brightness to the background. But it is very very dependent on light.

In my opinion, it looks pretty good! I’d give it a 6.5/10

I don’t know much about GFX, but I recommend adding more 2D effects.
It looks a bit plain, so adding things like outlines to the character, particles, and such would help.
:wink:

1 Like

7/10, in some of the images the lighting looks meh or bad and the background also looks weird

2 Likes

Ok… Like this?

3 Likes

I’d say it definitely looks better.
Keep working on it!
:+1:

2 Likes

7/10
for the 4th,3rd image you can see the arms, in the elbow part got little messed up
if you can use the rigs it gets smoothly, i mean i would suggest to use it.
2nd image the hands should lift up a bit so that it gets the heart shape.
would also suggest to add backgrounds instead of plain ones ^^.
good luck!

2 Likes

They look really well, I give you a 9/10. Keep it up!

1 Like

Ok <3 I will fix it- thank you for rate

2 Likes

very good!
keep working on it!

very good, keep working on it!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? I think it looks worse like that, the original is much better 2d should be used if your trying to have it anime style maybe like the 2nd picture

2 Likes

Well, basically almost any GFX I’ve seen before (take game icons, for example) have at least some sort of 2D element. Head to the front page and you’ll see that a huge majority of games in there have some 2D element(s).

I guess we can just agree to disagree!

1 Like

± yes. But 2d it’s text, icons, and logos too.
I think first picture is bad because effects sooo bad.

2 Likes