GFX Thumbnail Feedback

Hi there! I recently got back into using 3D programs to create GFXs on ROBLOX, this is the first time I’ve created one using Blender after I switched from Cinema 4D.

I was hoping to get some feedback on the overall render and maybe some points on how to improve it when I edit it in post (I use the 2021 version ofPhotoshop). I havent edited it much in Photoshop, just added the logo and a bit of a drop shadow to the logo (and the watermark of course).

All feedback is appreciated!

7 Likes

Its a good GFX, maybe u cud add 3d clothing ?!?!!!11!
Also, the girl with the invisible head really, really, throws me off. Also, for the dance floor, and black outlines for each square so it looks somewhat seperatead!

1 Like

This looks amazing! Maybe add or replace some people with different types of bodys?
Like the Robloxian Bundle or the girl bundle (if you know what i mean).

1 Like

If you really want to enhance your thumbnail further more, try adding more lights to the room or add special effects, I see a lot of thumbnails designers not realizing this. The thumbnail feels dim as there is no interacting light sources with the characters above them.

This is my past attempt of using bright colors, you can add to yours by finding tool kits for photoshop after adding more light sources to your render.

2 Likes

Looks really good! I recommend fixing up the lighting in the back a little, looks a little too dark.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the feedback, I’ve never really tried 3D clothing but I’d love to get into it, I’ll probably test it out on seperate renders first. The girl without the head was supposed to be someone with the headless hat but I can see why that would throw people off, I might have to think about replacing it. As for the dance floor, I was just lazy to be honest but it is a good point and I’ll definitely have to add that in to see how it looks. Thank you!

Definitely! I completely forgot about other body types until you mentioned it here, I’ll have to get those rigs and start working with them too. Thanks! :smiley:

Wow, your example looks great. That’s a really good point and I thank you for suggesting it. I’ll definitely have to start practicing this. :smile:

Lol yeah, I did this to hide the fact that I didn’t know what to put in the back but I might as well add some decor so that it looks empty! Thank you!

1 Like