GFX: Which is better - R6 or R15?

i like r6 over r15 for renders

1 Like

I voted for R15.

I did this because I find it nice, if you just want to export from studio into your render program then you would use R6 for bending (if you don’t use a rig, like me) but I use the animation editor to bend the limbs etc and then I used the Anchor Pose plugin to hold the pose.

But also, if you bend weird then it will look unnatural so then thats the pro for R6.

I mean, it really depends on what you are using. If you are doing it with the PaintRigV3 then you would have to use R6 as the texture needs to be R6 but the limbs look like R15 when editing it in Blender or another software. If you are doing it without the rig then I would suggest R15 if you know how to move all the parts but if you don’t then I would suggest R6

R6 is much easier but R15 can get even better results.

Depending on what you want to achieve. R6 is good is you want to practise gfx or don’t need as many parts to move. R15 however does make gfx look more appealing to potential players. :+1:

R15 is better, created my work below with it.

To modify R6 limbs, you have to take time to download a rig, put the accessories on it, modify it and bend the limbs.

Because of how long it takes to do this, people that use R6 usually stop putting in avatars in GFX when there’s 1-4 avatars in their thumbnails because of the hard work it takes.

Meanwhile, my work can sometimes have over 10 of them since it’s very easy to pose R15 avatars in Roblox Studio. Plus you can use a smear tool to fill in any cracks in the limbs if it bugs you.

It’s also worth noting that many developers are switching to R15 now, so it’s better to learn how to use it.

You can keep using R6 if you’re used to it, but use R15 if you’re more new to it.

@RolandStudio
Also, you gotta pose R15 in Roblox Studio instead of Blender, hence why the R15 version look weird.

1 Like

First one is better and awesome!

I prefer R15 for pretty much every type of rig except block rigs.