Giant Survival! Legacy - A comeback of a classic

Hey all!
As many of you might remember, Giant Survival! used to be a game, that existed back in 2014-17. It, unfortunately, has gotten closed. Recently, (not really) we’ve gotten a new iteration of the game, which doesn’t exactly feel the same as the original did. So here I am, presenting to you, the classic version of Giant Survival! I have tried my best, to remake the feel and gameplay of the good old classic, although without microtransactions or so. You can now relive your old memories again

I would really appreciate any and all feedback you have for me, if you found any bugs, or so, feel free to tell me!

3 Likes

I have no professional response, but I’d like to say this unlocked a memory, and perhaps much better than the original one where UI felt like simulator games.

3 Likes

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

I am pretty sure you intended the shop to be in the control of the screen haha

You can achieve that by using AnchorPoint .5,.5 and Position .5,0,.5,0 for the mainFrame

It has no functionality yet (while I was playing there was no giant). You should finish the game up and then ask for feedback instead

1 Like

Hey! I believe you didn’t play for long enough! There is a 25 intermission after the map spawns, there are fully functional giants, and thank you for the UI bug, I myself don’t exactly have the biggest display screen, so I’ve missed that, will fix it, though.

Ooh I missed out on that one then, you should definitely add intermission text in the future to not leave people like me confused

Try using plugins like AutoScale Lite, these will convert offset position and sizes to scale, which means it will always fit any screen how you want it to

1 Like

There is actually an announcement, that mentions that there’s an intermission, you must’ve missed it!
Also thanks for the recommendation for the UI thing!

1 Like

There was nothing in the chat when I joined, I believe the announcement message ran before the client has loaded. You should look into that

Welcome!

1 Like

Hey I used to play this game back in 2018 on an other account I left inactive.
The game was featured in this event

So basically there were two games from 2014-2018. The second one was taken out to not following roblox tos.

A bit basic, but I can see that its the theme. Keep up the work! if this is truly a revamp, you may want to redo the map, UI, etc, however

1 Like

It’s not exactly a revamp, it’s rather a redo(?), trying to get the feel and looks of the original game as close as possible, but I am to adding/redoing some things, such as more weapons, perhaps, giants, gamemodes, maps, and whatnot, but that’s for later.

1 Like

I’ve fixed the UI mishap, where it doesn’t appear the same on every screen, as well as fixed a couple of other bugs that I’ve found. I’ve also added the Meteor Giant, which spawns meteors around himself, just like the original

1 Like