Gifs in Roblox with only 1 image

Don’t you mean 4*5+2? Or where does the other 4 come from?
I’m confused.

2 Likes

I only have 2 frames on the last row, therefore the amount would be 4*4 for the other rows, and +2 for the last row.

2 Likes

I HAVE THE BEST IDEA.

If we sync audio to these gifs, could we theoretically have make-shift videos in Roblox? Along with loads of gifs back-to-back?

2 Likes

Already done it, (will edit this when I get on my computer later to show a video), I’m more excited for videoframes though.

4 Likes

Mmm… The customization options are expanding into animated textures! Maybe one day we could get a gif decal thing? Not sure. Anyway, didn’t realize that this was possible for texture offsets. Will definitely use for some really cool weapons.

5 Likes

Nice! But @Wunder_Wulfe already made a API about that.

I assume this is an update version?

1 Like

It isn’t about that, this thread is meant to showcase that it can be done with textures now instead of surfaceguis, as stated previously in the thread.

5 Likes

Also to mention, mine supports multiple spritesheets so that would be a good addition to this module, allowing for longer and more complex gifs to play without too much resolution loss

3 Likes

Yo, this worked just how I wanted it to. Thanks mate!

2 Likes

Would it be possible to make a gif as a ScreenGUI rather than on a texture?

4 Likes

Is it possible to do the same thing with GUI and not parts?

4 Likes

Just tried it out in my game! Very easy to update with your chosen gif, this is very cool! Amazing Job!

1 Like

This is so good, I’m impressed.

1 Like

hello, i know this was from a year ago, but how do I know if the gif has ended? is there any indication to it?

I think no.
textures/decals are not for ScreenGUI but Mabey
if you used a decal alternative like an image label then
I think this is possible!

That’s what the frame count is for, if you add 1 for each time the frame is updated, when you get to the last frame (frame>=framecount) then the gif has ended

1 Like

Hey, when I put my sprite sheet id into the texture and run the game, after setting the rows, columns, and frames, of course, It runs the gif like normal except it choppily moves up. Like the OffSetStudsV moves up by 10 every half second and you can see some of the earlier frames at the top and the later frames on the bottom (It’s like split in half)

Here’s a gif of what I’m getting: Gyaco/GIF link: https://gyazo.com/318b177a3fa45cf6eee72c7bc13a7194

maybe you have the rows and columns backwards? Another thing to check is that the image is not getting resized when you import it.

I do have the rows and columns correct, Just to be sure I even tried it backward. Also, what do you mean by the image being resized when importing it? I was in the studio link above and put my sprite sheet image where the original one was.

Roblox only accepts images 1k by 1k, and will automatically resize them if they are larger… messing up your math.

1 Like