Give me constructive criticism on my Custom Character Creation Interface

Hey, so i’m creating a custom character creation interface and I was wondering what you guys thought of it, and if you had any criticism, i’d love to hear it. I’m always trying to make my creations as great as possible, so lay it down on me!

3 Likes

Well i suggest maybe making it buttons so lets say u click skin color and a gui on the other side will popup with skin colors.And what about the clothes? hats? hair. And the animation loops to much haha.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s a great idea. I figured out what to do with the animation because I saw it looping crazily too haha. Basically when the player clicks on the NPC it’ll wave at them, no loops. Also, that’s a great idea. I’ll tween a gui in on the other side that will show skin colors and once they’re done it will set those chosen in place and tween back away.

Also, for the clothes, etc. That’s going to be on another screen. I wanted to have two main parts of the customize. Nit and gritty of the character and then more cosmetic things.

But, thanks for the ideas, i’m definitely going to implement that.

2 Likes

The character could be standing on something and there should also be an option to rotate it so you can see your character from all angles.
There is too much space to the right, if you are not planning on adding this already, add something on the right hand side of the screen which tells you what options you have selected.
The background is quite nice, but perhaps you could add the map of your game in the background instead of a blue background.
Or perhaps, instead of just changing the background, perhaps (supposing this is a multiplayer game) make the camera change to different positions around the map so you are able to see players actively playing the game.
The “wave” animation shouldn’t repeat that quickly in my opinion, perhaps with a slight delay after the animation finishes.

1 Like

He’s standing on something, and here’s the updated part so far!

And i’m definitely going to add a rotation feature, I don’t know about changing the background though, I want it to be a nice gradient. I am, however going to find a better looking/striped one maybe.

4 Likes

Try to make the character centered with the “CREATE” button.