Give me feedback on Campfire GFX

Finished the photo - edit of my most recent GFX, which means I’m done! All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Revised version:( TYSM for all the feedback!)

(devforum killed quality a bit lol)

Edit: thanks for all the feedback! I’ll post a revised version here, In about 1hr 30 mins (Rendering with a bad laptop sucks lol)

Edit 2: I’m not going to sharpen the edges of campfire or add in chairs, as it’s wayyyy too much of a nitpick and is taking up too much time(campfire is a too complex a shape in terms of topology). Messed up the fire I can’t lir :pensive: Fixed everything else though!

12 Likes

You said DevForum killed quality? Man that’s amazing! How long did it take you? I love it so much

4 Likes

dang thats really good. the wood in the campfire looks like limbs and you can see some really really sharp sticks and the wood has like subsurf and they all rocks and wood and stuff needs to have more variation and roughness and yeah. better marshmallows you need, better posing for the guys with their hands sticking upwards, make it looks like the beanie guy kind of isn’t coughing, and improve the lighting so you can make out some details and maybe show the moon or soem stars? i can make out some blue things in the background, what is that? also maybe replace the wood with foldup chairs and add a tent somewhere? and for the campfire it could be in one of those cylinder things where it goes in? cus if they have a cup of tea it would be more you know, like this. also, the fire is like way too small and it looks too much like its edited in, and the guy who’s holding the marshmallow has the stick bent, looking in a different direction than the campfire, and is too stiff.

i suggest you try using the ultimate rig. it may lag a little, but has a lot of great features and stuff.
also when doing character design jackets that have plain black shirts:Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 11.09.25 AM
end up looking kind of bad… so yea.

sorry for being a little too harsh, unless thats fine with you. if i wasn’t a gfx artist i would’ve thought it is amazing.

also great texture quality on the ground and wood pieces and stuff if i didn’t say it ealier you need them to have more variation instead of just cylinders with textures.

2 Likes

Took me three days, but in terms of actually working on it, probably about 8 hours.

1 Like

I didn’t make any of the clothing. Also the blue in The background is the night sky, as I said devforum killed the quality kinda.

I’ll make sure to make the fire bigger though and also change the posing of the character in white.

Also could you be clear on what you were talking about those with the campfire? I have no idea what your saying, the grammar is kinda confusing

The laughing guy isnt coughing though he’s just laughing but I can kinda see how you would think that

I’ll also make the campfire wood more flat.

I don’t really want to change it to seats and tents though as I like how it turned out with the logs and stuff, (main reason is my Laptop is literally DEAD lol)

What’s wrong with the marshemellow??

1 Like

i knew he was laughing because of the face, but without it and if the hand was a little up it would look like that.

that, i know, cus i saw the moda unica logo, but even so when searching for clothes on the catalog you should keep in mind if they had no jacket would just a plain black shirt look good?

the campfire wood is way too smooth and cylindricalScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 11.18.08 AM , and stick out parts on the stick are way too sharp.

its literally just a cylinder. have it be more deformed and curved edges.

me too, but it would be more realistic because these guys are having coffee/tea and cups

Dang ur being so harsh :grimacing: (jk) (kinda :smiling_imp: )

I don’t really see the problem with having simplistic clothing tbh but I’ll cha he it for next time.

Also thanks for clarifying

1 Like

this is really nice 8.67/10 what i don’t like is the pose of the guy wherein the cap and the fire seems weird to me otherwise :star_struck: this is cool

what i really like is that it kinda tells a story

1 Like

The GFX you made looks amazing. And my suggestion is if you could add a tent in the background.

2 Likes

(Post hidden by original poster)

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response, but here’s some feedback if you still want it.

1. It looks great, but I’d recommend centering the scene.

2. The arms of both characters on the left are too straight.

3. The guy with the white hair looks like his marshmallow is half-burnt.