Give us our own public section to post in

The Public Topics is restricted and even full members can’t post in it. I assume this is because it’s reserved for important updates the staff want to be made public and allowing us to post in there would make it difficult to find those posts. Public Topics should be renamed to “Announcements” or something if this is the case and we should receive our own public forum that we can post in.

I want to be able to post public tutorials because why shouldn’t non-members be able to benefit from what I post? I might also want to post a best practices discussion thread and have the community be able to take away from it as well. The developer forums has this stigma of elitism and privacy associated with it and a lot of people look at it as the place where vast troves of knowledge are unfairly hidden from them. I don’t want it to continue on like that – please let us post public threads so we don’t leave them out.

7 Likes

Tutorials and other articles that are good enough will be moved to the public section by staff and mods.

7 Likes

Oh, alright. You should probably sticky something about that in the Public Topics category because this thread won’t be up on the first page of recent forever.

3 Likes

Top minds are working on it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I was hoping that we would be able to directly start posts there, such as directly posting tutorials. :sad:

3 Likes

@FromLegoUniverse

I don’t think they’ll let us directly post there any time soon.

4 Likes

Yea… Anyone can see the public thread so I understand why we aren’t allowed to directly post there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes