Given a warning even though I did not break any rules?

Hello, I recently got a warning for a model I created one year ago. The warning contained “Illicit content.” This model was just a gun model. I’m asking for help on what to do and how I can prevent things like this from happening again. I would love to upload an existing asset and replace it with a brick, however there is no search feature and I would have to scroll for about an hour just to reupload one asset. I really need some help, this happened to me before but I did not receive a warning. For some reason there are gun models in the official ROBLOX inventory. Why did this happen? Can someone tell me what to do? I’m afraid of getting terminated if something happens like this again. I even have many assets that are gun models and I do not want to be terminated for something that I created a long time ago. And I can’t overwrite it.

1 Like

Roblox gives really vague reasons why they moderate things. Illicit content means it’s against the rules, but it would be really great if they said what was against the rule.

Was the item name copyrighted, or does it contain something that is not allowed like the name Roblox or words like suicide?

Would a moderation bot think the gun thumbnail is vulgar in any way (even just the general shape), or does the image have words in it?

I’ve heard cases where moderation bots will warn about a decal that is simply an alphabet letter.

2 Likes

Roblox moderation is luck based. There’s nothing you can do about it sadly.

1 Like

The title was just “ACS gun kit script” where I edited a script of acs gun kit system and uploaded it as a model, and the model wasn’t even visible.

1 Like

Did the script require data from another script?
From what I’ve heard (I could be flat out wrong though) this can be seen as a way to potentially damage games if used for illicit purposes.

1 Like

no, not at all. I don’t understand why this happened.

1 Like

Who knows, Roblox moderation if often a mystery.

1 Like

Yup, this is true I got vc banned as the time of saying this yet I didn’t say nothing wrong, all it said was discrimination and it posted a moderator note approximately 41 times as of counting and I am just SUPER confused but this would make sense but it could also be people spam reporting until roblox bots eventually go ahead and use the ban hammer. The craziest part is that I’m able to use the dev forum? So yeah it is def luck based or people abusing the roblox report system.

1 Like