Giving Roblox A Great Sci-Fi Game: Hyperspace Devlog

On the space station; there are some light beam textures available on the toolbox, if you need any.

1 Like

Ok awesome! So you mean that the lights should have a beam effect similar to this?

1 Like

Yes, it gives you more flexibility when adjusting brightness and allows there to be a smoother contrast between the light and it’s environment.

1 Like

Looks way better, I like both of them, and they’re very good!
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Could you send me an example? I don’t quite understand how I would do that. Would I remove the light completely and just use a beam?

Don’t remove it completely, you just need to add the light beam on to the lamp to create the effect. There are some good Youtube tutorials which go in to better detail.

1 Like

Ok cool! Thanks for your advice!

1 Like

The ‘something’ is coming closer…

I like the teaser but I would like to tell you something, don’t take me wrong, it’s good, but you need to get better at cinematics, the current video is okay, but it isn’t making me want to actually play the Game, as it looks a bit boring, I suggest you change a few things for the next:
Only make first person if you are actually ‘being’ the Player
Make everything a bit more polished
Add more sounds
Make everything more cinematic, if you get what I mean

1 Like

Thanks so much for your feedback! Yes, I agree it needs to be more professional and cinematic. We were just experimenting with making a teaser trailer. I agree that the video is not very professional and we will work to improve it! Thanks again!

1 Like

Follow our Twitter here!

1 Like

The Alpha Launch is nearing completion! We are all excited to show you what we have been working on! Also, follow our Instagram here!

New Icarus Station

1 Like

It’s stunning!
Where did you got the motivation to keep doing this? I would like some :sweat_smile:
Is it already testable or not?

The Alpha is not quite out yet but it should be very soon! And as for motivation, if its your dream, you can put a lot into it. It also helps that I have an absolutely incredible team behind me!

2 Likes

New Spaceship Startup!

2 Likes

Exciting new features! The game is getting soundified!

1 Like

Okay, so I joined the game and please don’t take what I say to heart. It’s only constructive criticism to help you improve upon your game.

• No clear objective
Upon joining, I was unsure as to what to do. There was no tutorial and no clear indicator of what I was supposed to do. When players join a game and don’t know what to do, they tend to leave very quickly.

•Low quality elevator system
To say the least, the elevator system was very confusing and didn’t make much sense. Consider having the elevators actually move up and down?

• 2017 building style
The building in this game was not visually pleasing at all. It reminded me a lot of 2017 game building styles. If you are going for a more realistic style, I recommend redoing the building.

• Poor flight mechanics
The space ship flight mechanics were very basic and not immersive at all. I don’t even think you can turn? Not very great

Again, please don’t take any of this to heart, it’s just my personal opinion and I hope this helps you bring improvement to your game.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Those are all great suggestions! If you watch the video above, you will see the Alpha content. It has better elevators, a better space station, WAAAYY better flight mechanics (WASD, not hold down your mouse to go in that direction), and a WHOLE lot more! Thanks so much and we would love to hear what you think about the video!

KLIPTOR:
Kliptor

Loading Screen

2 Likes