Giving Roblox A Great Sci-Fi Game: Hyperspace Devlog

The games GUI is getting an update!

Before:

After:

1 Like

It looks way better, I suggest you add some transparent light-blue parts so it looks more like a hologram

Ok great idea! I will try it out!

2 Likes

GUI is updating!

Old GUI:

Summary

Overall:

Resources:
Vitals:

New GUI:

Summary

Overall:

Resources:

Vitals:

1 Like

Somethings coming — and its not happy…

1 Like

I think this would be way better if you added more transparent parts, if you don’t get what I mean, look at Mass Effect’s GUI

Can you send an example please? Would love to try out your idea!

If you give me a few minutes I can find a few good images of them

I was able to find one example:
As you can see, the main colour is blue, which is very cliche in Sci-Fi Games, but it’s good, now a few things to point out are:
It’s very ‘blocky’, which is something that makes it good
There are places where there’s transparent parts, and where there aren’t, but as you can see, all parts except the highlighted ones have a transparency of less than 0.5 (at least, it seems) except for a few decorations
Now, let’s look at yours:

The first thing that comes to the eye is:
The brightness, you colour is too bright, making it look cartoonish instead of Sci-Fi, another thing is almost all of your parts have a transparency of more than 0.5, making it strange, for the text you probably used AutoScale, but they have different sizes, making it even stranger, the colour of the buttons being grey is strange, for unusable buttons you should use a transparent-grey, another thing to point out is that between the inner part and the outside part there’s nothing in the middle, which is strange di you ask me
Other than that it’s good, only thing to point is the bars, in the third image, make them a bit more transparent
That’s my feedback, if you want more ideas I suggest you look at some Gameplay of Mass Effect so you can actually see almost all of them and understand a bit more, or a video that reviews all of the GUIs of Mass Effect, even though there’s probably no one
Good luck with your Game!

Nothing in here
Don’t watch
YOU. SHALL NOT. PASS.
I said you shall not pass
Okay, here:

@Jab2Roblox

Ok! Thank you for all of your incredible suggestions! One thing I want to point out is that on the GUI you provided, I think that it covers your entire screen. What I mean is that the player’s screen is fully covered by the GUI. In mine, I need it to be less transparent for it to be easily seen over the background. Overall, incredible suggestions! I will overhaul the GUI and ask what you think!

1 Like

Something like this?

1 Like

Yea, it was an inventory GUI

Yes, only things are:
The buttons(?) are covered
And the main part’s gradient looks like metal, which doesn’t fit too well

Other than that very good job!

(I also noticed the buttons don’t look too much out-of-context now, so you can keep them like that)

1 Like

Thanks! What buttons are you talking about? An how should I change the gradient. Or should I remove it completely?

1 Like

The iron/silicon ones, the ones that show the amount, they seem like buttons to me

Also the gradient I think should be less visible, like less change

1 Like

Ok cool. I will work on that now. And also, the amount indicators are not buttons, just decoration to make the numbers more distinct from the background.

Here, the latest draft, MUCH less gradient.

I like it, it looks very good now!
Only 2 things:
The 4 blue things on the background are behind the main thing, not sure if it’s intended or not
And change the colours a bit as it now looks too similar, the colour is almost always the same, or it seems the same, making it strange
Fix this up and it will be very good!

1 Like

Ok cool! I will work on this more tomorrow!

1 Like

Ok I redesigned the GUI template. I added a border and made it so that the circles dont overlap.

And I am pretty happy with the final product @Dede_4242! What do you think?

And with more transparency:

To add to what @Dede_4242 said, try using textures on the lamps and light beams to give off the same effect without it being too intensive to the eye.

1 Like

What do you mean? Are you talking about the lamps on the creature above? Or on the space station? Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like