GLAAC: First dev-log

Hello world! I am making a game called “get lunch at a cafe” (GLAAC for short), a game inspired by the “get a snack at 4 am” games! I have been working on it for a few weeks, and I wanted to share my progress with the game so far and maybe get some feedback.

It’s about getting lunch (shocking, right?) and whatever lunch you choose to get gives you a different ending. But there is more to do at the cafe, such as interact with the NPCS that are around the cafe, go in the bathrooms, etc.

I’ve gotten a few crucial things done, such as the menu, some endings, and the cafe itself.

What I’m working on right now is animations, trying to get clothes for the NPCS, and polishing some dialog.

My main goal is to finish it within a few months. It started as a small project, so I could finally release a game, but turns out it’s a bit more complicated. The game breaking bug I’m trying to fix before releasing the alpha is:

Save system not working (the save system is basically whenever you get an ending you get a badge, then it checks if you have that badge, and if you do it gives you a trophy. It doesn’t work because it doesn’t give you the badge (for some reason???))

Anyways, the game will be properly polished before release, and considering this is past the beginning stage of development, I’m thinking an alpha could be released soon.

Any feedback? I’m thinking of filling this game to the brink with memes and stuff like that, so anything specific you want referenced? Any suggestions are appreciated!

ps: no guarantees if this game will be released soon, this could be a bigger project than I thought

5 Likes

i think you should give this game secret rooms and a large player count
that way many ppl can hang out and mess around while they search for secrets

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion! but is a single player game unfortunatly. i have thought of that before, and not to spoil anything but there is an ending about a secret room :wink:

add a gun in the bathroom :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

done :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: