Glitch with print-screen on the client

This glitch was found by the user StarterGear.

This is what he told me, however when I tried it on my Windows 7 PC nothing happened. I moved to my Windows 8 netbook to try this and it seemed to work, so I believe this issue is mainly present within clients running on a system with Windows 8(+?).

Here is a gif he created to present it to the forum

Doesn’t seem like too big a deal, as most people would have no reason to press PrintScreen 10 times really fast on ROBLOX. Those who do would quickly learn not to.

Quite frankly I can’t stand how ROBLOX takes over when you use PrintScreen on their client. When I use PrintScreen I want the image on my clipboard, not in a folder somewhere instead. The popup is annoying.

It would be nice to have this fixed anyhow, though.

[quote] Doesn’t seem like too big a deal, as most people would have no reason to press PrintScreen 10 times really fast on ROBLOX. Those who do would quickly learn not to.

Quite frankly I can’t stand how ROBLOX takes over when you use PrintScreen on their client. When I use PrintScreen I want the image on my clipboard, not in a folder somewhere instead. The popup is annoying.

It would be nice to have this fixed anyhow, though. [/quote]
Last I checked, PrntScr in Roblox does both - copies a .png screenshot to clipboard, and saves a .jpeg copy in My Pictures.

[quote] Doesn’t seem like too big a deal, as most people would have no reason to press PrintScreen 10 times really fast on ROBLOX. Those who do would quickly learn not to.

It would be nice to have this fixed anyhow, though. [/quote]
Last I checked, PrntScr in Roblox does both - copies a .png screenshot to clipboard, and saves a .jpeg copy in My Pictures.[/quote]
Last I checked it only saves the file to My Pictures, and my clipboard remains empty. I’m using Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

[quote]
Last I checked it only saves the file to My Pictures, and my clipboard remains empty. I’m using Windows 7 if that makes a difference. [/quote]
You’re right, justed test it.

This appears to be a recent change. Might be a regression?

StarterGear told me that apparently it only needs to be done twice for this to happen.

Slightly off-topic but I was just about to make a thread in Feature Requests about this, figured it was so small of a request that it wasn’t quite worthy of it’s own thread.

When you take a screenshot, the copy saved in My Pictures hasn’t been .jpeg for a little over a year now. Could you go poke someone about an option in settings to change the format between .png and .jpeg? It’s super annoying having the game hang while it takes a ~1.25MB .png screenshot (could actually be more on-topic than I thought; it would not surprise me if that hang I mentioned is related to OP).