Glitchy TextTransparency and TextStrokeTransparency on SurfaceGuis because of DepthOfField

Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-04 00:04:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-08 01:04:00 (+01:00)

Reproduction Steps:

System Information:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor
16GB, 1200 MHZ velocity (according to task manager) RAM
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU

Depth of Field Settings

SurfaceGui

TextLabel
TextStrokeTransparency and TextTransparency is 0

Lighting technology did not seem to matter.

Expected Behavior:
Since LightInfluence is set to 0, I expect the text to look the same no matter the distance from it.

Actual Behavior:
The text sort of becomes transparent at an interval of distance and becomes darker because the stroke is black.
pre9pKq5K1
q4p5YBeijh

Workaround:

turn on always on top. I think thats the issue. Or its the lighting inside your game.

I already said that its DepthOfField causing the issue. Always on top does fix the issue BUT it would look really bad since there are spots where you should not see the GUI.

oh. Yes. Sorry. Didn’t see that. Okay I need to think a bit more. I encountered this once…

change the focus distance. I think. The focus distance is how far you can basically see it right? Like the colors and etc.

Yes changing the distance of DepthOfField changes how far away this glitch happens but it does not fix the issue. I want Roblox to fix it so I can keep the same (beautiful) DepthOfField settings and not have that inconvenience. Thanks nonetheless for your help.

No problem. Just wanted to clear a bit of the confusion for me!

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.