Global Leaderboard - Data Retrieval

I am attempting to create a global leaderboard on my latest creation following a similar format to How to make a simple global leaderboard

Storage of player stats works fine along with subsequent retrieval, but when reading the data back using GetOrderedDataStore, it returns no data.

Playerstats are Saved & Loaded successfully using:

local datastore = game:GetService("DataStoreService")
local ds = datastore:GetDataStore("DumpSaveSystem")
game.Players.PlayerAdded:connect(function(player)
	local folder = Instance.new("Folder", player)
	folder.Name = "leaderstats"
	PlayerDumps = Instance.new("IntValue", folder)
	PlayerDumps.Name = "Dumps"
	PlayerDumps.Value = ds:GetAsync(tostring(player.UserId)) or 0
	ds:SetAsync(tostring(player.UserId), PlayerDumps.Value)
end)

Global Leaderboard data is supposed to be retrieved with:

local orderedDatastore = game:GetService("DataStoreService"):GetOrderedDataStore("DumpSaveSystem")

local function Handler()
	local Success, Err = pcall(function()
		local Data = orderedDatastore:GetSortedAsync(false, 10)
		local TotalDumps = Data:GetCurrentPage()
		local i=0
		print(#TotalDumps)
		for Rank, Data in ipairs(TotalDumps) do
			local Name = Data.key
			local Dumps = Data.value
			local NewObj = game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("IbFrame"):Clone()
			NewObj.Player.Text = Name
			NewObj.Dumps.Text = Dumps
			NewObj.Rank.Text = Rank
			NewObj.Position = UDim2.new(0,0, i,0)
			NewObj.Parent = game.Workspace.Sheet.SurfaceGUI.Holder
			i=i+0.05
		end
	end)
	if not Success then
		error(Err)
	end
end

However, the print(#TotalDumps) shows 0. I have very similar functions working fine other games, but this one seems to be causing problems and I can’t seem to see why.

The stats should be shown on the toilet paper to the left of the player on this game [ Content Deleted ] - Roblox

OrderedDataStores store data independently from GlobalDataStores. An OrderedDataStore and a GlobalDataStore with the same name are still two separate DataStores.

You’ll have to manually write your data to both the OrderedDataStore and the GlobalDataStore.

Thanks for the advice. I was under the impression that the GetOrderedDataStore call was just fetching the data in a different format and had not realised it was a completely different Datastore type.

I’ve now got to try and migrate the user data that was originally stored under the standard datastore :frowning: