Globally Synced Data

I’m currently working on a quest system that is supposed to generate new quests every day. With that being said, the quests are supposed to generate globally, meaning everyone will receive the same quests in every server. How would I go about generating quests globally?

(P.S. The timer and quest system is already made, I just need to have it generate globally)

1 Like

So are you talking about while they are inside the game already it will change meaning you won’t have to update the game for it to show?

Yes, the quests are supposed to be generated using a library of quests I already have.

you can use datastores, and then set a main server that will handle the quest that will be sent to all servers ( or you could just pick a random one every day since the quest only regenerates every day )

edit: oh and yes. like @Octonions said, you can also use externals servers

1 Like

Hello,

You could use an external server and HTTP service to fetch the daily quests. You would have to have a list with options for the quests in your external server code.

An alternative would be to take a look at Memory Store. I am pretty sure you can come up with the algorithm to generate quests randomly. You will be using os.time() to set the timers as well.

Best regards,
Octonions

You could try, whenever the timer os.time() hits 12am (0:00) it will go to the next generated quests.