Glowing Textures Effect?

I’m trying to make a rainbow mesh texture that has a glow effect. The image below shows what I’m trying to achieve. On the right is a standard neon meshpart, in the center is a textured meshpart, and on the left is a solution I’ve already tried. By placing texture objects under the meshpart and applying one to each face, you can set the Color3 value to above 255,255,255 to give it a glowing effect. This is a very broken method considering roblox could patch it at any moment, and along with that, it doesn’t apply the texture to the mesh itself, but rather the individual sides.
Example:

Texture:

I didn’t really know where to put this since it’s kind of a mix of multiple things, but let me know if this is in the wrong category.

4 Likes

Try changing the transparency to 0.05 - 0.15 and try playing with the Bloom effect to create the effect you want. You could also insert a PointLight into the part but I don’t know if it would help.

3 Likes

I’ve tried changing the transparency already, it doesn’t affect it considering the texture is applied directly to the mesh. PointLights aren’t really a viable option since it would affect the objects surrounding it too. As for the bloom effect, unless I can apply it only to the individual meshes and not the entire lighting, then that’s not really an option either.

2 Likes

Try using TextureAppearance, this may work.

2 Likes

SurfaceAppearance? I don’t see a TextureAppearance. I tried with SurfaceAppearance just now and there’s still not a neon glow, even with the neon material applied.

1 Like

Yes, I meant SurfaceAppearance and I don’t know other solutions to be honest. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you.

1 Like

I just found out you can also achieve the effect I’m attempting by using a SpecialMesh instead of a MeshPart, and setting the VertexColor to a number higher than 1,1,1. I set mine to 5,5,5 so it has a decent glow. The problem with this though, is that it kind of intrudes on the other colors now. For example, in the image below, the blue, red, and green are shrinking somewhat.
Example:

If anyone has any other methods please let me know. I’d rather not use this method since it’s a SpecialMesh.

1 Like

Hi, you can use attachment and beam to achieve the effect of glowing textures. To do this, put 2 attachments on the sides of the model, and create a beam attached to these attachments. Set the speed of the beam texture to 0. Add the desired image for the beam texture, if desired, you can adjust light emission and brightness. Next, just duplicate the beam (sometimes the effect of curved textures may occur, but this is fixable)

1 Like

Pointlights won’t help, but everything else you said is correct.

1 Like

Great idea but this is a different effect than what I’m looking for. From what I’ve gathered, Roblox simply doesn’t have a solution for it just yet. The closest I’ve gotten to the effect I’m going for is using VertexColor 5,5,5. Unfortunately, this method messes up the texture by intensifying the R,G,B values. I’ll leave this post unsolved in case anyone else has any solutions but so far that’s the closest I’ve gotten.