gLTF Exporting Option

As a Roblox Developer and a Blender Modeller, It’s currently too hard to export models by .gLTF to Blender or a different game engine, It’s more superior as WaveForm and .FBX are outdated and basic, .obj doesn’t even support transforms, It’s superior because It’s .JSON Defined, Works with Modern Features like PBR (Physically Based Rendering), It has well written documentation, and Roblox has recently launched support for .gLTF as shown in this topic

If Roblox is able to address this issue, It would improve my experience developing because I am able to export PBR models and JSON Defined models into Blender or a different game engine

4 Likes

How is FBX outdated? I use FBX for everything because it supports bones which is what I use for my game mostly.

1 Like

it doesn’t support PBR, not JSON Defined, badly written documents

I like to see how you make realistic models in roblox (unless it isn’t your’s and used it from someone else)

FBX does support PBR, if it doesn’t then why can I import PBR with FBX models into Roblox?

4 Likes

I personally think Roblox should support being able to export to the format of your choosing that is supported to Roblox. Being able to export to not just one singular format of .obj.

You wanna do the classic .obj? Go for it!
Prefer .fbx for exported models? Got that too!
What about .gltf? Of course!

Whatever your preference is, you should be able to export into that format. It just makes sense and would be very nice than just limiting to .obj.

1 Like