Go from R15 to R6

**What is the issue?
I have a problem with a script
I want to pass the script from R15 to R6, and if anyone knows how to do it
local GetRootPart = self.CurrentRootPart: FindFirstChild (“RootRigAttachment”)
self: WaitForChild (“LowerTorso”): FindFirstChild (“Root”)
self: WaitForChild (“UpperTorso”): FindFirstChild (“Waist”)
self: WaitForChild (“RightHand”): FindFirstChild (“RightWrist”)
self: WaitForChild (“RightLowerArm”): FindFirstChild (“RightWristRigAttachment”)
self: WaitForChild (“RightHand”): FindFirstChild (“RightWristRigAttachment”)
self: WaitForChild (“RightHand”): FindFirstChild (“RightGripAttachment”)
That’s the script

First things first, we don’t use “self” in Roblox. We use script to get the script we write on. Let’s say we replaced “self” with script.

Second things second, you tried getting the Character as if it was a child of the script. But if that was your intention, then you’re doing something wrong here.

Are you sure you got into the right part of Lua scripting? Lua in Roblox is different.

LowerTorso & UpperTorso → Torso
RightUpperArm, RightLowerArm, RightHand → Right Arm

Just compare and contrast an R15 and R6 default rig, figure out the attachments present in both rig types and then convert. You may miss out on some things though, such as wrist attachments.

2 Likes

Adding to the reply above, make sure you set the RigType property of the Humanoid to Enum.HumanoidRigType.R6.

just lookin around at stuff, and i see this post. self is used more object-oriented modules, and can be used as the returned metatable.

adding on to my last reply, self is a metatable storing values. It can be anything, like a normal table.