Going through pages of assets too quickly in Creator Dashboard gives error

URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations

Going through too many pages of assets in a short time will display “Unable to load [AssetType]”. You can wait a short while in order to be able to change pages again, but this is both irritating, and can confuse developers who aren’t aware of that workaround. The number of pages varies depending on how many items are per page, which changes based on how much room is available when loading the page.

This can also be affected by the “Overwrite an existing asset…” page of Roblox Studio, scrolling through too many models and then going through pages of assets in the Dashboard will quickly lead to the error, but it doesn’t appear to be affected by viewing a lot of assets in Studio’s Toolbox beforehand.

Devs might have to go through dozens and dozens of pages before reaching the assets they’re searching for. When trying to reach my earliest Images, I’ve run into this problem multiple times. Being able to jump to a specific page/timeframe or searching for assets by name might help avoid this issue.

For easy reproduction reference…

• 1920x1080 resolution
  • Full screen window
  • No zoom
  • 36 items per page

You can reach this error pretty consistently by going roughly 28 pages within a minute.

Browser: Firefox 89.0.2 (64-bit), issue still happens with all add-ons disabled.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report. I believe this is intended behavior, as you are likely being throttled, but the error message could be more specific to let the user understand how to maneuver around this better. We’ll look into it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.