Good game ideas which are relatively easy to code?

Self explanatory, I have no available game ideas which come to mind when I want something ‘easy to code’. There’s nothing really easy about coding, but for the most part I can handle it.

Stuff like for loops is when I start reaching my limit, although I have coded stuff which use for loops, it’s still a bit hard for me to comprehend. I tried making a horror game, turned out bad. I tried making a difficulty chart obby, got stuck on one of the core features which define the genre.

3 Likes

Zombie wave defense. basic low poly map with a shop at one end/corner. Each wave adds more and more zombies.

Speed run. Different levels with the goal of reaching the end to teleport to the next level that you travel at like 50 speed.

clicker game. there’s some good tutorials and kits in toolbox.

Obby (either just regular levels or easy to hard)

Roleplay game (anything topic) has a shop that can sell items for roleplay purposes.

Fighting game for points. More points is different weapon (there’s some GUI kit shops in toolbox)

free for all battle game. Items spawn around map that you can collect and kill others with.

Some ideas that I think with Youtube tutorials or toolbox kits would be easy.

2 Likes

I’ll code a clicker game, what are clicker games though? Are they like those “case clicker” games?

It really depends on the type. Cookie clicker, case clicker etc

Try making a 2d game (gui or not) it is not that hard to code (well its easier to make a 3d game with a camera on one side, but a 2d game with guis isn’t that hard too if you have scripting knowledge)

Hmm I would say that some games like “don’t press the button” or “flood escape” could be nice and easy to do. Don’t make the money system and other hard systems if you can’t since I assume you’re trying to make an easy game so you get better at scripting (but you should still at least try to do a few harder-but-not-too-hard systems so you can learn new things)
Hope this helps!