Good graphics vs. Roblox players

I got curious and checked out the game, and thanks to you now i wasted an hour of my time playing that game HAHAHA. (No offense, I enjoyed it)

Unreal Engine is not for me, Luau is easier than C++ and Roblox is way cheaper and easier to get games popular. I also have no reason to switch because, in case you havenā€™t noticed, I can make decent graphics without leaving Roblox.

:stuck_out_tongue:
No problems! But sadly ultra realistic games doesnā€™t and wonā€™t ever become the top Roblox genre, so youā€™ll have to do it for Art not profit

This isnā€™t inherently true and itā€™s not black and white either. A game engine is already universal. You can make any style of game in Unity or Unreal Engine. Roblox is no different, itā€™s just a bit behind still. Roblox is simply expanding outward as it should.

I donā€™t think this is entirely true either. Cartoonish and low poly is certainly popular right now, sure, but thatā€™s because thatā€™s the majority of games right now. If Roblox had a different majority style, then that would become the new popular style. Itā€™s biased and conditioned by what already exists. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that of course.

But regardless, my point was that you can develop just about anything in Roblox. People will play the games they like. Roblox and its community will continue to evolve. The games determine the community. This is where Iā€™ll end this, but I want people to understand that Roblox is not limiting. Their goal is the exact opposite.

I was talking about the platform. If itā€™s too social, itā€™s less competitive for skilled players, if itā€™s too intense, itā€™ll be unappealing to kids or those whoā€™s here to chat. Letā€™s say if roblox became super big and achieved all of that, then itā€™ll become ignorant.

Whatever you say, we look at statistics. Averagely 70% of Roblox gameā€™s income are from underage tablet players, and trust me, they like low poly.

I have to politely disagree with this, I believe the only reason low poly and Cybertruck graphics are popular is purely due to the fact that these graphics are easy, now game genre and design is a different story.

I donā€™t think that people necessarily want low poly graphics, itā€™s just what they got, just like how I donā€™t like that my phone is tracking every single thing I do, but what am I going to do? Every other phone is doing the same thing (Please donā€™t say burner phone).

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s true, but logically, a platform with 100% PC players and mostly with 16+ real gamers support realistic intensive games better than a platform that gets 70% of their income from tablet kids :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant popular for players, not developers. But that is true in regards to that.

Thatā€™s only because Roblox lacks games that an older audience would prefer. Of course, it doesnā€™t help that Roblox seems to be aimed mostly at children, and thatā€™s how itā€™s seen by anyone outside of the Roblox community. Even then, there are still hardly any other graphical styles out right now, so I donā€™t think itā€™s safe to judge just on that alone. If Roblox had a better discovery page, perhaps something more like that of Steam, there could be a much better pool of games that are popular. However, I think Roblox may be nervous to promote things that arenā€™t already popular. At least, thatā€™s what I get from that.

This is off topic, but you can flash a custom privacy-focused OS onto your phone. Thereā€™s a whole thing about internet privacy in every aspect. OPSEC for good practice. I find that Mental Outlaw is a good source for more information.

While you might be gawking at how you think youve found the ceiling for visual realism in robloxā€¦ But you truly have not. Hell even the project im posting below doesnt even top some of the other stuff ive seen people make.

https://www.roblox.com/games/6116729249/Map-Metro

(most of the map is under ground, Theres a entrance going underground towards the damaged car park to the right if you do check this out)

This was some demo project I worked on with another guy. I did the environment design and he did programming. Tons and tons of photoscanned assets, I got 120 fps in studio however in game rarely could get over 40-50 at 10 with my 1060gb

I mean check the project out your self. Its not accessible to everyone. Its also much much harder to make something truly realistic without more control over things like textures (compare UE5s material editor to robloxs. Night and Day difference). Because theres so many tools we lack to make something truly realistic so generally stylized just looks better. Hell even that project I still did a lot of more stylized looking environmental effects.

On top of that robloxs number one demographic is children. Most people are using old computers, Phones and consoles. You are gonna get a lot of low end users and something super realistic can impede in that.

And also its children. Bright colors and cartoons are generally more appealing to them where as realism is more of a thing focused on by older players. Older players that dont play roblox much anymore and have since moved on to more indepth and advanced games than even possible here

The people that like realism have moved onto other games that actually can allow for it and Ive since moved on to making more cartoony stylized environmentsā€¦ and so should you

1 Like

I am confused, I made realistic graphics and realistic graphics can only get so realistic. So how could I make my graphics any more realistic?

Roblox released PBR textures a couple months back and this was exactly what developers needed to make realistic graphics (I used PBR textures in my pictures).

Yes, I have already taken this into consideration. I myself, have an older phone and I despise playing Roblox on it because it doesnā€™t matter what I play, the game always lags, but I donā€™t want my game to be like this, so I have a plan to automatically adjust the gameā€™s graphics, amongst other things, to keep the gameā€™s lag at a minimum.

Sure, the children of Roblox mostly play games with low poly graphics, but I have come to believe that it isnā€™t about kids liking the graphics, itā€™s more about how that is how the game was made. The same way how you can say ā€˜Most people drink water from a plastic water bottle, only because that is how most companies produce them.ā€™, you could say that most popular games on Roblox have low poly graphics because players enjoy the game, and it just happens the game has low poly graphics (of course this is a theory, so I will finish my game with its current graphics and see how well it performs).

@MightyDantheman, I was trying to prove a point by using a lite joke.