Good ground texture?

What am I trying to achieve? - I want a good ground texture with sticks and rocks, for some areas in my game.
What is the issue? - I can’t find any good ones. I have seen many examples of people using them, but can’t find any.
What have I tried? - A lot of search terms on the Roblox library.

Can someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance!

alright guys, the solution has helped me alot. Thanks to everyone who helped and replied.
If you want you may reply with a suggestion for a ground texture.

Any good ones you’ve seen were probably made by the artists, not necessarily a free asset you’re also able to use.

Otherwise, you could probably find ones that are good enough by searching “Tiling ground texture” into Google. Don’t rely on Roblox’s asset search function, it’s full of trash.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips. I will use google, and ill tell you how it went! :smiley:

Edit: Okay, so i found nothing. i wasnt looking for tiles, i should have said that .
but the only thing i found that was even remotely usefull was this
terrain

What he means by this is that it is tileable, meaning the texture will aline perfectly to be able to make it strech across as a texture perfectly. If not, then it would look something like this:

lol when i searched it the only thing i found was outdoor tiles. very annoying. and any good textures i found, i needed to pay for.

You can try exporting PBR material textures to ROBLOX, they are very realistic and not commonly used. If you’re aiming to achieve a realistic game environment, you can give that a try and see how it turns out.

How would i do so? I dont have a lot of technical knowhow :uhh:

There is a tutorial you can find on YouTube, I recommend looking at Xcrossy’s channel and looking at a video based on using PBR materials. It will show you how to download the textures and export it to studio.

Good things are rarely free. This is why I said

Note the good enough part - textures almost always have to be made by someone, it’s not unreasonable to pay for them. And if money is a limitation, there are tutorials to make them yourself like Dinara suggested above.

Also, I googled “tiling ground texture” and found these, which is fairly limited.

But then I googled “tiling forest floor texture” and found a few more.

Did you try any other searches or just the one I suggested?

I did try other searches, and i also found this great website for textures. its all free with the quality of professional ones.

Wait wait wait, did you click “images” or did you just stay on Google?

You do not need a website, you can just browse the images that are there.

@matthewthekidder, i followed a tutorial on PBR materials like dinara suggested. it led me to a pretty good website for textures :slight_smile: yes, i have browsed images too.

1 Like