Good size map for a roleplay game like erlc

I wanna redesign my game’s map but how big should a lag free kinda realistic roleplay game be with sections like two cities, industreail, commercial. housing, water stuff, a highway.
Maybe tell me in the terms of how many baseplates and how to setup I want a rivver in the middle or not

13 Likes

I think 4000×4000 studs should be enough for a rp map at first, ofc you can always expand, if needed

5 Likes

seems like a good size for a city do you know how to section to make it look appealing and have the aspects it needs?

5 Likes

Well first off, I’d sketch a simple plan for the city.

Intersections, rivers, bridges and parks are only a few examples of how you can bring your city to life and make it less boring.
It should also not be too crowded, so incorporate open spaces as much as you can when convenient!

5 Likes

I will make a sketch for the map

5 Likes

Little example of the map just a layout

9 Likes

What I see is that it needs more terrain for the roads (unless it’s just not rendering :huh:)

Also, you should add animated stuff to bring “life” to the game. :cool:

6 Likes

yea that will be added. By animated stuff you mean waterfalls, mills, birds. Grass?

6 Likes

Yeah, that would make the game less boring.

6 Likes

any other ideas for the games map

5 Likes

8 Likes

I think there’s no place with the size of a city with pure natural walls in rectangle shape as border (I don’t know, I have never seen.)

Add stuff like rounded border, and other objects too, like border lakes, border streets, seas, etc.

Also, there’s no props like trees, houses and buildings like hospitals and apartments.

(all I’m saying are suggestions)

2 Likes

it’s a layout not done so make a ocean around the city?

3 Likes

I meant to take more care to the border and make it feel more natural.

2 Likes