Gore System for One-Mesh Characters?

Hey there!

I was on another experiment in Roblox Studio and I wanted to make a Gore System (not for default Roblox Rigs) for a rig I made in Blender. Now, sure, I can use UnionAsync to cut open parts. But I wanna cut MeshParts, to get that realism instead of just making loads of characters with differently damaged bodies and then switching them, cuz even if I have 3 wound styles, I’d have to make 7 separate rigs

Suppose I have wounds a, b and c, then I’d have to make different rigs for each of the following groups:
a,
b,
c,
ab,
bc,
ca and
abc

which is a lot of work, considering if it was for zombies, which are diverse in kinds. What way would you suggest to make these kinds of “wounds” or breaking of a bodypart, but of a Mesh? I know meshparts aren’t supported in negation and unions, but any other ideas?

You could possibly use mesh deformation to bend the skin layer out of shape, although I think skinning meshes is still in Beta and I’ve never used it.

1 Like

gore is bannable right? This text will be blurred

um, there are forum posts on that :smiley: there’s already a lot of gore in Roblox. Anyway i was just curious

yes and no, Its allowed but you have to set a warning I think

Yes I plan to add a warning so that younger members can play

1 Like

Did you find a solution for this? If so, can you share with us?

Turns out, Roblox cannot handle this yet. Mesh Subtraction is a feature that Roblox does not support yet. Just chill out till they make it I guess.

The closest you can get is by making your rigs with unions and then subtracting holes into them. It won’t work with imported models though, the rigs will have to be made in Roblox with parts combined by unions, which sucks.

Another way that I just thought of right now, you can have like 5 bones spread out on the torso of a mesh and then just pull back the bone closest to where the bullet hits

• The union/subtract method can remove flesh at the exact point of bullet collision, but the downside is that all rigs will have to be made inside roblox.
  • The bone method will work for meshes imported from Blender, but they will only be approximately placed at the gunshot wound, so it will look a little inaccurate

It’s a give or take situation, you can decide which one you want to use. Most games right now make gore through the subtraction method. However it won’t work for custom rigs, which is sad.

1 Like

It could be so interesting if they do add it. Like vertice editing can be used for when your player is in a cold region and you change their clothing to have spots of snow

1 Like