Got Any Fog Tips?

I was thinking of making a horror game, and I used fog to give off an eerie feeling. But fog in roblox looks weird, don’t you think? Has anyone here ever used fog and got a good outcome with it? if so, do you have any tips you could share with me? Thanks for reading and thanks in advanced. :smile:

1 Like

I have used fog a lot but never really had a great outcome roblox needs to make better fog but it looks ok if you just make a black block with 0.8 transparency it looks better than with smoke but that is only better with cartoony games. and a second problem with that is if you have any sort of image’s they will become invisible witch is a other glitch that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

I usually just set the fog properties (FogEnd) in lighting, is using smoke better?

1 Like

It is better with smoke in small areas. But easier in properties (FogEnd) and the smoke in my opinion is a small bit better.

1 Like

I think this post might help you in this case. Hope I helped!

My bad, you actually already saw this! Hmm…

Hey, I’ve been making a box factory lately and I used fog to give it that factory feeling. The fog comes out of the pipes which are located on the roof but at first it looked kind of off, so I changed the rise level and the size. Now I’ve got the perfect fog effect for my factory. I don’t really know how to make roblox’s fog look better, have you tried angling or putting the fog in different places?.

-dann922

1 Like

Yeah, as I stated above I use the FogEnd not smoke but I may try.

This thread can come in to some help:
Distortion Effect

I think I remember hearing that the FogColor should have the same color as the skybox.

There is another technique where you have an inverted sphere follow the player, so that it has the same color as the fog.

Hope I helped!