Gothic/fortress build in-progress

So far it’s about 900 parts.

What do you all think?

30 Likes

I think you did a superb job on this build. Well done

1 Like

Quit lying. Tell us the actual part count. :joy:

Our lord, @PhoenixCraft99 has spoken. You better listen to them or you will face their wrath.

4 Likes

This build is good, but it is a bit bland.

I’ve made an image highlighting some of the areas that could use fixing.
Detailwork

Overall, the build could use a lot more detail and color variation.
The black areas are areas I suggest changing the color of, and the red areas are ones that I suggest adding more detail to.

If you want the build to be impressively detailed, I suggest adding detail (pasterns, panels, engravings, etc.) to any part of the build that is even slightly empty.

Happy building!

5 Likes

This reminds me a lot of something I once built for a clan. It’s awesome!

1 Like

I like your input. I’ll try and implement more color variation, particularly in the interior.
Thanks for pointing out where I could do better!

1 Like

It’s hard for me to fathom how it’s so low as well.
Although one thing to consider is that the triangle count is likely pretty high.

1 Like

It’s hard for everyone to fathom it. :sunglasses:

What is it?

Not sure how to check the total number of tris in the place, but it’s probably pretty high.
HOWEVER: I’ve heard from most of my friends it runs just fine so far for them. That’s probably because of how I use “collision fidelity.”

Basically, if you set the option on meshs that you won’t be interacting with to “box” it phenomenally helps performance.

1 Like

Ah yes! Warharmmer 40k. One of my absolute fave artstyles! (or i think its warhammer 40k)

Looks great! Is it made mostly of meshes? i attempted something similar with slightly more detail with parts and unions and i got to 12k parts…

1 Like

You’re right, it is 40k! The massive cannons on the gothic architecture must’ve given it away haha.

It’s just about all meshes, which takes a while for me to do, but is still effective in my opinion.

1 Like