GPS Guidance System Showcase

Hello developers!

Today I wanted to show you my GPS-Guidance system, and I wanted to ask you What do you think about it?

First, this game link allows you to test the system. Note that it may contain some issue, so feel free to tell me them by answering to this topic.

Now, here are some screenshots:

I will be making other syles for the gui, and a module script to allow you to add it to your own game.

You can rate the system here:

• 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10

0 voters

Thank you for reading this topic! (don’t forget to try the game)

4 Likes

Update:

What is new?
  • Code optimisation : Code runs ~0.15% faster
1 Like

Update:

What is new?
  • Fixed an issue for the small direction indicator at the bottom right of the mini map (arrows weren’t displaying at the right time)
1 Like

I think it is a great idea that city games could incorporate into their game! Would be very handy for players who are new to games and have to find places.

I like:

• The modern UI.
  • The instructions at the bottom telling you how many studs until a turn.

A few things could be improved:

• The arrow next to the stud count kept facing the right, when I had to turn left. Maybe make this change direction, as it was a bit confusing.
  • Maybe when there is a turn coming up, you could make a GUI at the top of the screen tween down and show the direction that the person is turning along with the stud count (kind of like how Apple Maps does it when you are using a different application while having maps on in the background).
1 Like

Thank you very much for your useful reply! I will try to figure out the Arrow issue, and surely add the like “notification” when a turn is coming up because I love this idea. Again, thank you a lot as it is very useful for me to here some feedbacks :smiley:

2 Likes

I did it: GPS System & 3D minimap

I tried it on mobile and there’s a small bug when I Click the map. It zooms I can’t get out the zoom.

Nice! I love the cartoon style

oh yes on mobile it is not working sory for that
it’s just a demo the ui is not the one that should be used