Grand Admin | A very secure, high quality, lightweight, very customisable and easy to use admin system

Patch - v1.6.1

• Fixed the sign and other object based commands offsetting incorrectly for R6 players

• Fixed the example custom command ‘time’ using the incorrect property on game.Lighting

Plan to add private message command like /pm?

How would that work? Roblox already has a /w command for Whispering, unless you mean the messages command, but only appears for one user?

yeah like /message, you know that send a player ui of the message, and can reply it back.
Like in Adonis etc?

I’ve never seen a feature like that before. What would be the usecase of a reply feature for it though?

See Adonis Admin and try to use /:pm, like /:pm me hi, it’s useful.

Update - v1.7.0

• Added a keyboard shortcut to bring up the command bar
    (key can be changed or disabled in settings)

• Added a new chatlogs command

• Added a new permban command

• Added search textboxes to the logs, bans and commands GUIs

• Increased loading speed for command logs list

• Adjusted the transparency on some of the widgets to make text and buttons easier to see

• Bug fixes

2 Likes

Update - v1.8.0

This update includes some quality of life improvements, improvements to logging and yet again, another name change. I promise this will be the last time!

• Completely redone and optimised the commands logging feature

• Removed the commands log cooldown and limit settings as they are no longer needed
    • Increased the command log count limit from 128 to 3000
    • Added a page navigator (view up to 30 pages)
  • Added a page navigator to the chatlogs widget (view up to 10 pages)

• Added a new /performance command to view client/server stats (client FPS, ping and server age)

• Small optimisations to the main script

1 Like

Hey! First of all, I want to say that I love this project and what you are doing, and I have a suggestion. A kill log feature would be very nice, in many games you can check who kills who by using a command such as “/killlogs” or “/klogs”. It could be similar to the already existing chat logs and command logs features. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Another useful command I see is the “/countdown” or “/cd” command which let you create a countdown and have a GUI display for everyone in the server counting down for the amount you put.

1 Like

I’ve never really considered a kills log as a lot of games don’t have PVP, and all weapon systems behave differently meaning it can be hard to track who was killed by who. It’s better off that the owner creates a custom command for their game.

As far as a feature like /countdown goes, i’ve thought about it, but im not sure if it’s necessary for an administrator script. I’ve never really had a proper use case for it.

If you can tell me a few use cases then i’ll be sure to consider it!

Small Change - v1.8.1

• Command bar textbox now automatically focuses when you use /cmdbar or press the shortcut button on your keyboard

Update - v1.9.0

Hey all, I added a few new small features and UI appearance/accessibility settings!
We also have plenty of bug fixes too!

• Added an experimental WidgetUIBlur setting which when enabled blurs anything behind the widgets which can make reading text easier and enhances the UI

NOTE: This uses the DepthOfFieldEffect instance. If you game already uses this, don’t use this setting
    (Credit to @ImSnox)

• Added a WidgetTransparentStyle setting to disable transparent backgrounds. This will set the transparency of all widget frames from 0.5 to 0 with a dark grey colour to make the UI easier see in darker environments.

• Added a Server field in the /peformance widget which lets you view the current server’s region
    NOTE: This only works if your game has HTTP Requests Allowed in the game settings!

• Added Client Ping and Server Ping fields in the /peformance widget which lets you view both client and server ping

• Increased the logs datastore auto saving time from 10 seconds to 40 seconds to put less stress on the datastore service and prevent hitting rate limits.

• In the commands list widget, ranks are now displayed as their name rather than their value

• Fixed a bug where resetting, respawning, or loading your character would cause all widgets to disappear

• Fixed a bug in the performance widget where the server age would be inaccurate

• Fixed a bug where datastore was being used when datastore access is disabled in settings.

• Fixed the /spectate command not targeting players sometimes on execution.

• Fixed an occasional error caused from filtering strings in the command and chat log widgets

• Slight UI adjustments

Update v1.10.0

Hey all, I added a few useful features and did some more fixes. Take a look!

• Added a new /track and /untrack command. Executing this command on a target will highlight them and draw a line to them. This highlight and line will stay, even if the target dies and respawns until you do /untrack or they leave.
    Unlike /highlight, this effect is local meaning only you can see it.

• Added a new free cam mode which can be accessed in the /spectate widget. The free cam has the same controls as roblox’s built-in free cam script for developers.

• Increased the chat log limit from 1000 messages to 10000 messages (10 pages to 100 pages)

• Increased the commands log limit from 3000 messages to 5000 messages (30 pages to 50 pages)

• Fixed the Shortcut keybind not found warning appearing for non admin players for no reason

• Other small bug fixes

I love these commands as they are so easy to setup and use. Also some suggestions is you add the ability to connect it with discord so that a web hook can like send messages alerting that people were banned

1 Like

Great suggestion! Can definitely add that.

I already have a good and reliable webhook API that I use for moderation purposes on a game of mine

I really liked this admin command system.

I think it would be cool to have a command to see the players who are admins, showing the role, admin name and whether they are online or not and a command to set the role of a player in game

Update v1.11.0 - Discord webhook integration!

Hey all, I’ve added a few useful features that should further help with moderation and few quality changes!

• Added Discord webhook integration for logging for banning/unbanning

Idea contributed by @PixelTheGreatest

• Added pages to the bans list widget

• Added more widget customisation in the settings

• You can now press the shortcut key and focus the command bar textbox while it is open

• Slight UI readability improvements

• Fixed a rare reliability issue preventing the admin script from functioning due a potention failed MessagingService request.

2 Likes

Update v1.12.0 - Roblox ban API (Alt account detection!)

Hey all! Grand Admin has now been updated to use the roblox’s new Ban API!

• Updated banning and unbanning to use roblox’s Ban API (which can now detect and ban alt accounts!)

• Fixed pages not displaying and working correctly on the bans menu

Love this system! Would be neat if you could integrate doing a ban from discord into roblox. In case a mod can’t go into the server.

2 Likes