Grapejuice - Easily run Roblox on Linux

I also do have issues with Studio being laggy (reparenting instance by dragging can freeze Studio, viewport laggy)

Upon further research, it seems to only happen with expensive computations (lights, and shadows)

The player in roblox studio appears to be very laggy for me regardless lights, shadows, part count etcā€¦ The mouse is very unusable too. I installed the supposedly ā€œpatchedā€ version and I canā€™t even open studio anymore because it crashes.

Hope support for arch comes soon!

1 Like

Just install Grapejuice from the AUR? Use a AUR helper like yay and install grapejuice-git

2 Likes

Thanks? today i started to use manjaro linux so i cant know anything, but i managed to get it running

1 Like

Now i can say " Iā€™m on Linux bro "

1 Like

It does, Iā€™m running arch and it works perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Woohoo! I just complained about not being able to use Linux, and low and behold my prayer was answered

Pretty cool ngl

1 Like

Whenever I click on a game with team create, it just loads then gives me the could not connect error.
Whenever I play a Roblox game, it loads then gives me the ID = 17 error.
What am I doing wrong? My internet connection is fine.

Im running Ubuntu 20.04 and Wine 7.0.
Im running GrapeJuice 4.11.2
I installed it using RoJuicer by @CheeseGodTheEpic

Hey, have you tried using grapejuice its own installer without Rojuicer, might be that causing it if not I think either itā€™s not supported or broken or you should try using it with different graphics settings (can be found in grapejuice itself).

Iā€™m working on automatic WINE installation by default. If you donā€™t know, WINE is a major part of getting Grapejuice to work. Please get the newest version of the script, run through the installer again, and select ā€œyā€ when asked to upgrade WINE.

If that doesnā€™t work, as previously stated, you probably want to follow the normal Grapejuice steps.

I was running the newest version. I also selected yes to every question that was asked. In fact I had just installed it that same day using the commands found on CheeseGodRoblox (Cheese God) Ā· GitHub. Are these up to date?

Anyways, I will try installing Wine then Grapejuice and see what happens.

You should install Grapejuice using the official wiki, not using wrappers or such, using anything else other than the official wiki will result the Grapejuice Discord consider you are using a unofficial version and you have to reinstall using official wiki or else no help will be provided

1 Like

For me, the roblox player works pretty well, but roblox studio is a bit buggy. All of the dockable windows on the left keep flashing making it practically unusable. Iā€™m running a fresh mint installation and Iā€™ve followed all the installation steps thoroughly

Yeah, I had this too thatā€™s usually because of the graphics settings. Go into The Grapejuice settings and click Roblox Studio or just make sure youā€™re in that one and you can choose bewteen a few graphics settings like openGL and vulkan or x11 or something try using vulkan or anything else besides the one youā€™re using at that moment some of those graphics wonā€™t show the plugin and window tool tabs, and thereā€™s going to be a specific one that will work. I forgot which one it was.
Lmk if it fixed it? (this does only happen in studio lol)

1 Like

Iā€™ve tested all of the graphics options and this is how it went:
OpenGL, Mesa OpenGL - Works, but has the flashing bug
DX11 - Fully works
DXVK D3D - Black screen
Vulkan - Instant crash

Huge thanks!

1 Like

Think this is because Roblox currently doesnā€™t support Vulkan.

1 Like

It does support Vulkan on Windows afaik.

1 Like

Wine doesnā€™t have support for Vulkan child window rendering which Roblox Studio relies on to display the 3d viewport. There are some patches to fix that but theyā€™re extremely unstable. Grapejuice sets the default renderer for Roblox Studio to DX11 for this exact reason, but it seems that a lot of people think defaults are for losers or something.

4 Likes

I am tempted to switch to Linux I have switched 2 of my devices to ubuntu my main pc remains on windows for now.

I donā€™t really wanna use my main pc and use grapejuice as I heard that it drops FPS and lags a little and well support isnā€™t really helpful or isnā€™t instant. You canā€™t contact someone directly.

With the awkward set up with no support I am not going to switch to Linux until roblox fully supports Linux and it will just work with no issues.

1 Like