Grapejuice - Easily run Roblox on Linux

What is dxvk? Could you explain?

Maybe things have changed since I last tried using Grapejuice a couple months ago, but back then, the out-of-the-box experience was atrocious. Studio would crash for anything. If I clicked something, studio would crash. If I kept the app open for more than 30 seconds, it would crash.

I donā€™t doubt that these problems have been fixed to some extent nowadays. That being said, there is too much instability for me to change over. Roblox development is my primary work for the foreseeable future, so I simply cannot justify the switch.

My current plan is to somehow purchase and daily-drive a 2021 MacBook Pro, my current desktop machine would probably end up becoming an ESXi server.

Direct X Vulkan.
DXVK converts Direct X calls to Vulkan calls. Itā€™s mostly used with Wine, since Wine normally converts Direct X calls to OpenGL.

1 Like

When I quit Roblox Player or I launch Roblox Studio the Night Light of my system goes off. I think this is a bug with Grapejuice/Wine. Does anybody have the same issue?: I have a custom Wine version ā†’ wine-tkg-fsync-git-6.14.r0.g7bedd313c88-326-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Grapejuice v: 3.62.15
OS: Manjaro Linux, 64 bit, Gnome (Arch Linux fork/based)
Kernel: 5.10.70-1-MANJARO

sorry if this was already asked before but is there any way to fix mouse getting stuck in one place after entering a game ?

Yes ā†’ How to play Roblox on Linux + Fix mouse issue [OUTDATED!!] - YouTube

2 Likes

Thank you it works without any problems

1 Like

umm is there a way to fix the launcher? Like its just appear ā€œStarting Robloxā€¦ā€ then it dont start the game, Iā€™m using Ubuntu btw

2 Likes

Try removing app and dependencies, reinstalling Wine from the official repo and reinstalling Grapejuice. You should be fine after this.

1 Like

Believe it or not, itā€™s a fastflag (please someone make a Roblox Player fflag editor), noticed this a while ago whilst trying to see if you basically force Roblox to never update.

(never mind, I thought you were asking on how DirectX 9 is still working)

Iā€™m interested to try Grapejuice on a Linux Mint VM, going to install it in a few minutes:

Couldnā€™t get it working, but itā€™s my fault anyways since I couldnā€™t figure out how to get winehq-staging.

2 Likes

To get it working you need to build a custom version of wine-tkg, pre-compiled versions are available in the discord server. If you use the pre-compiled versions, install wine on your system first to make sure you have all the dependencies needed to run Wine property.

Itā€™s pretty decent software but I ended up having two small issues when running Roblox and Roblox Studio. The first is that I could only hit Play once in Roblox Studio before it would try to load and hang at 66%. The second is that the mouse wasnā€™t movable in the Roblox application itself.

Personally havenā€™t had this happen, what distro are you on?

This is a wine issue, look into getting a patched version of wine.

Iā€™m on Ubuntu Focal. Wine is the newest development version which I believe is 6.23. Iā€™ll get a patched version.

There is a bit of frame dropping / lag in Roblox. Is it possible to repair that issue as well?

I have been using Grapejuice for about a year now, and it seems to be working fine. Until today.
Studio crashes instantly on startup. I have looked at the logs and this is what I got:

Unable to read VR Path Registry from C:\users\blob\AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath

I tried creating an empty file at the path in the log, but to no avail.

1 Like

Same here: Roblox Studio stopped working on Linux

Youā€™re using a custom Wine build thatā€™s at least 4 months old on a rolling release distro. When you add custom packages to a rolling release distro you will need to keep those up to date yourself. They will break when one of their dependencies changes. Youā€™re also using DXVK, which will only add to this complexity. Not only that, DXVK (and the Vulkan) renderer in general donā€™t work that well in studio. Child window rendering is wildly unstable with Vulkan based renderer backends as well.

As for the VR registry line: it is completely benign.

The most stable setup for running studio right now is:

• Vanilla wine
  • D3D11 renderer
  • No DXVK

It wonā€™t be the most performant thing ever, but itā€™ll render accurately.

3 Likes

This Is Really Good Because ROBLOX isnā€™t offically Supported On Linux. if i ever switch to linux i may consider using thisā€¦ Also Does It work with Custom Modified Clients Such As The 2016 Clients (Aka Ones Made By ROBLOX clones)

1 Like

Grapejuice 4 has been released, its a big departure from the previous releases. Its got a boatload of new features alongside a completely overhauled UI! Iā€™ve updated the original post to reflect the changes.

4 Likes

The Roblox client appears to be working fine for me however studio is quite laggy. I tried switching renderers but with no success. Thanks in advance.

1 Like